What is merchant banking
The term merchant banking or merchant bank comes from the English and encompasses the entire area of financial advice from a bank to its corporate customers. It ranges from credit, advice and financing for company acquisitions to help with company mergers. In the Anglo-American countries, this task is carried out by specialized banks, so-called investment banks. In Germany, both special banks and universal banks are active in this business.
Merchand banking is often equated with the term merchand & acquisition. This is a special form of investment banking, in which the credit institutions contribute to the purchase and sale of companies or parts of companies Mergers as well as advising and supporting investments in other companies.
In contrast to the pure lending business in conventional corporate business, the banks also offer a comprehensive advisory service here. The bank accompanies the customer in every phase of the acquisition or sale of a company. In addition to the usual interest and fees for the capital provided, the customer must also pay for the service, which takes place in the form of advice and analysis. The bank provides the company in question with a team of highly qualified specialists. In many cases, this type of advice enables the company in question to carry out such complicated and risky transactions.
Merchand banking has become known in recent years for two types of transactions, the Leveraged buyout and the Management buy-out.
In the Anglo-American countries, the merchand business is mostly carried out by specialist banks, so-called investment or merchand banks. These banks do not do business with private customers and do not participate in payment transactions. As a rule, they are internationally oriented and many are also active in forex and futures trading. In Germany, the merchandising business is carried out by both international specialist banks and universal banks. Traditionally, British and American banks have had the largest share of this business. Since the 1980s, however, German credit institutions have also made greater efforts in this interesting and profitable area.
- What does fear look like to you
- When will Donald Trump's anger stop?
- What is a dual selfie camera
- How can I learn to repair computers
- What's the best deal for 1,000,000
- Will it help me to learn Hebrew to learn Arabic
- Which is the largest hotel in Ottawa
- Does culture really matter
- What style does debussy compose
- What are some confidence symptoms
- What are some professional writing skills
- What are some famous landmarks of Croatia
- Can I change my job now?
- Don't you like tea
- What is a good free alternative to DimDim
- What are some good scholarships for welding
- Did Kylie Jenner remove her botox?
- Run America with sugar or salt
- How is Jaypee University Anoopshahr for CSE
- How does the financing of startups work?
- Are hot baths bad for you?
- Who designed the new Brit Co website
- How good is the Aakash Institute Raipur
- A is a rare blood type
- How should I analyze a question
- Van Gogh was unhappy in life
- How does the UK education system work
- Can we sleep while fasting?
- What video games are most like improvisation
- What is the full form of NLD
- How do I explore the unconscious
- Has Meghan Markle met the queen
- Will President Trump ever invade Switzerland?
- How can I impress an ESTP