How does it cause tremors
Trembling - what are the causes?
Question: For about a year now, my arms and legs have been trembling. Sometimes separately from each other, sometimes together, sometimes the whole body trembles. According to my observations, this occurs with acute stress and sometimes after insufficient sleep. These tremors last between five and twenty minutes and cannot be controlled. What could be the reason for my problem?
Answer: Trembling can have many different causes. A precise observation can already point the way for a diagnosis.
If the tremor occurs, for example, when the hands are held out, it can be a so-called physiological tremor. This is understood to mean "normal" tremors, which can be observed in almost all people to varying degrees and which can be intensified by various factors - such as stress or metabolic disorders.
On the other hand, there may also be a "familial tremor" (essential tremor), especially if it becomes even stronger when you move and other members of your family were or are affected. It is also noticeable in this form that the tremor stops after drinking small amounts of alcohol.
Tremors as a sign of Parkinson's
A tremor, which can be observed at rest and disappears when moving, is a characteristic sign of Parkinson's disease. However, if it is only triggered by movements and is significantly stronger with target movements (finger on the nose), disorders in the cerebellum can also be considered.
Tremors indicating a seizure disorder
Seizure-like tremors - especially if only one arm or one leg is affected - can also be signs of seizure disorders. Various other diseases can also be the cause. For clarification and possible initiation of treatment, you should definitely contact a specialist in neurology.
++ More on the topic: Deficiency symptoms as a reason for tremors ++
Stay informed with the newsletter from netdoktor.at
Dr. Brigitte Rous, general practitioner
More articles on the topic
- Why couldn't everything not exist?
- How did Oxford compile its dictionary
- What makes Netflix so successful
- Why should we re-elect President Trump?
- What is the maximum speed of Scania
- What are monsters and do they exist
- Unix is a good career
- Instagram is designed in the Django framework
- Can a lobster kill a crab
- How is John translated into Chinese
- How do I learn portfolio management
- Is the universe made up of thoughts and ideas
- How do you discount on eBay
- How to enable 2FA in Fortnite
- Feel happy when you encourage others
- Do I need hosting for Freenom Domain
- Must Muslims read the Bible
- Has Jimmy Wales ever attended Quora
- Is TikTok suitable for 10-year-olds
- UPS charges for rejected packages
- Does MongoDB work with JPA
- What are the different Marathi dialects
- How do I start studying without thinking twice?
- How do evaporation and condensation differ?