Why is DRAM cheap
RAM prices: RAM is cheaper than ever - and it's getting cheaper
The prices for RAM are in free fall. Heavy overproduction and the trade war between China and the USA are expected to cause a further 25 percent decline.
RAM: the drop in prices continues
While the price of RAM rose massively a good two years ago, there has been a strong counter-trend for some time. Some kits are currently at their all-time low. DDR4 memory is cheaper than ever. It is good for the customer that this trend will continue. As reported by DRAM eXchange, after a good 25 percent in the first half of the year, the prices for RAM will then fall by another 25 percent by the end of the year. The reason for this is on the one hand further excess capacities from the largest manufacturers Samsung, Micron and SK Hynix. These have accumulated stocks for weeks or even months.
The second and most important reason, however, is the current raging trade war between the USA and China. This also affects Huawei, one of the largest server manufacturers at all, on a large scale, which is why DRAM eXchange assumes that the demand for RAM will decrease significantly as a result. The general demand in China is also adversely affected by the trade war, which is why small memory manufacturers in particular are left with their inventories. All of this leads to sharply falling memory prices.
16 gigabytes of DDR4 RAM cost less than 60 euros
The memory prices are already at a very low level. The currently cheapest 16 gigabyte kit costs less than 60 euros. Even popular kits such as G.Skills Aegis series with DDR4-3000 clocking hardly cost more at just under 67 euros. The G.Skill RipJaws V with DDR4-3200 and CL16 latency now only cost 79 euros. Even the popular Trident Z RGB modules with 16 GB DDR4-3200 and CL16 latency are available for a good 108 euros. If you are into the look but do not absolutely need the speed, the G.Skill Trident Z RGB kit with 16 GB DDR4-3000 and CL16 latency even goes below 100 euros. The popular Corsair LPX modules with 16 GB DDR4-3000 and CL15 latency now only cost 72 euros.
- Is a mansion bigger than a castle
- Lie men
- What is the use of polyester
- How many people use Twitch
- Have you ever been fired via Twitter?
- What seasoned bloggers do you read
- Which publisher has the best books
- How do you pay on Craigslist
- What are some popular German folk dances
- What is IO virtualization
- Where is your car
- Are billboards protected by the first change
- What is Nagar Hukum Land
- There is an iOS calendar control library
- What is the tallest building in Amsterdam
- What is disruptive technology in healthcare
- What style does debussy compose
- Which bike is the 1st
- What do firefighters think of Gewuerzwasser?
- What is your soulmate's heart
- What is a singleton class used for?
- Where can I get custom wall decals
- How do I hide my big forehead
- What causes Newton's laws of motion