Is pressure and temperature the same
2.1 Macroscopic observation
2.1.1 Law of Avogadro
It has been observed that, in contrast to solids and liquids, gases expand and, to a certain extent, can also be compressed. The density of gases at atmospheric pressure is about three orders of magnitude lower than in the solid and liquid phase.
Macroscopically observable phenomena show the relationship between the state variables of a gas. In experiments, one of the state variables temperature T, Print p and volume V. be kept constant.
Experiment: Boyle-Mariotte's Law
|Isotherms, isobars, isochors and adiabats in a p (V) diagram|
temperature T constant (isotherm):
Boyle Mariotte Law
print p constant (isobars):
Gay Lussac Law
volume V. constant (isochore):
|Qualitative V.(T) Diagram for different gases at constant pressure. Extrapolation leads to absolute zero and thus to the definition of the Kelvin scale.|
Overall, one obtains Avogadro's law:
Equal volumes of gas at the same pressure and temperature contain the same number of molecules regardless of their chemical composition.
The constant is proportional to the "amount of gas" or generally to the amount of substance .
Law of Avogadro
Here designated R. the general gas constant and the amount of substance of the gas. The law applies to ideal gases. Real gases do the better, the higher the temperature and the lower the pressure.
© University of Würzburg, Tilo Hemmert 2000
- How do neurons recognize patterns
- Are there minor Bachelor degrees in Europe?
- Are teacup kitties playful
- How do zombies actually recognize people?
- Why is the module function never negative
- What are the positive effects of drought
- How serious is a liver injury
- How sustainable is Melbourne
- What Makes a Good Voice Over Sound
- What is the gotra of Shukla
- How is caffeine metabolized
- Dream about people you don't talk to
- Why am I on earth
- Why did Samsung stop producing cameras?
- How is Boston University for an MS
- Is underground water responsible for erosion?
- Reads Eminem fan mail
- Is there room for another social network
- What is a diode transistor logic family
- What makes alpaca fur so expensive
- What is the relationship between stress and strain
- Will LA be habitable in 50 years
- Is NaCl an ionic bond
- What is a voucher
- Is it good to read the newspaper online?
- What does the mooring mean?
- What God actually did for us
- Why is inheritance socially acceptable
- Which energy drink has the most vitamins?
- Is it profitable to sell data
- As Canadians say Ontario
- Who was the smarter Einstein or Edison?
- What's Dave Ramsey's Net Worth