In her opinion, academic training is important
That's why studying is worthwhile!
Hardly any high school graduate wants to do without a degree. The number of students in the 2018/19 winter semester is 2.9 million, higher than ever before. And the number of people in employment with a university degree continued to increase and reached 9.2 million in 2017 (source: Employment Agency). This means that more than every fifth person in employment in Germany has a university degree. Considerable numbers! Why do you think so?
1. Studying is worthwhile because the academic degree is a ticket to certain professions
Doctors, lawyers, psychologists and teachers have one thing in common: In order to be able to work, a degree is an indispensable requirement. A lateral entry through another industry is not possible. The course is the vocational training.
But a degree can also be helpful for occupations (jobs with open access) and is in some cases even required:
In addition, there are now some professional activities for which university studies are welcome, even though they were previously carried out by non-academics.
2. Studying is worthwhile because academics are the least likely to be affected by unemployment
Studying will almost certainly protect you from becoming unemployed. This means: the lower the level of education, the higher the probability that you will become unemployed in the course of your professional life (long-term).
The university unemployment rate corresponds to full employment at 2.2 percent. The number of reported job offers reached a record high of 201,000 in the course of 2018. There are even staffing bottlenecks. This applies above all to IT professions and the medical field. In the engineering professions, there is now a slight relaxation.
However, it is also clear that the subject you study also matters. Not every course of study can be turned into money equally well. If the course does not prepare you for a certain profession, it is important to specialize during your studies or through appropriate internships
3. Studying is worthwhile because you often earn more than after completing an apprenticeship
It is important to look at the individual departments separately. But in principle, studying pays off compared to vocational training if one looks at income over one's entire working life; Academics overtake former apprentices after just a few years in the profession. Skilled workers with an engineering or business degree usually have an above-average salary before their 30th birthday. Humanities scholars only manage to do this later, but sometimes they stay below average.
4. Studying is worthwhile because studying gives you better opportunities for advancement within a company
Those who are already working have better prospects with a degree than people without an academic degree. When it comes to promotions, the university certificate is often a trump card. Management positions require a degree. This new career level is then also noticeable in terms of salary.
Even if students have to make advance payments compared to trainees who earn their own money from the start. The costs that can accrue from the tuition fees balance out very quickly after graduation due to the higher earnings.
There are also many opportunities to complete a degree, even if you are already working:
5. Studying is worthwhile because you can live out personal interests during your studies
In addition, studying offers the opportunity to satisfy academic interests. School is general education, you can dig deeper into your studies. One-sided talents can be perfected here. Whether a research interest in biology, an analytical ability in mathematics or an artistic talent - there is room for many different dispositions.
It is easy to come into contact with complex topics that can be researched and explored independently. The scientific way of working and the intellectual abilities are also valued later in working life by many industries. This is the area where humanities scholars in particular can score.
- What is it like to marry a psychologist
- Musicians have to be very sociable
- What comes after IS in Java
- When was Egypt colonized?
- Is the inequality of wealth just
- Is it worth spending time doing nothing
- What is the python code for hangman game
- Can bulldogs give birth naturally
- How is Punjab doing in the education industry
- To what extent does poverty require crime
- How should I learn web development
- Why did Eicher Motors go under
- How many people live in Chittagong City
- How can you argue with a liberal
- What is Assignment Aid in Australia
- Can quantum mechanics explain macroscaled phenomena
- How do you pronounce it banally
- Lucy Heartfilia dies in the Fairy Tail
- What is the biggest attraction in Normandy
- Are Melanesians related to Africans south of the Sahara
- How quickly can someone safely gain weight
- Can we imagine ourselves without language
- How do I prepare for VITEEE
- Why is my basil blooming so much