A 3D printer could print vinyl records
3D printing: record to print yourself
Old technology meets new technology: American physicist Amanda Ghassaei has one conventional record with help of a 3D printer printed out. The acoustic result is quite modest, but the project as a whole is still impressive. Because Ghassaei developed one for the project softwarewho have favourited the digital Data on a CD in a common STL format that any standard 3D printer can handle. The software converts audio data into a 3D geometry that corresponds to that of a vinyl record.
The poor acoustic quality when playing the record is on the Grooves attributed to the much coarser than advised with a commercially available record. Nirvana's “Smells Like Teen Spirit” comes out of the loudspeakers with 11 kHz and a resolution of 5 to 6 bits more scratchy than, for example, with a CD recording, which averages 44.1 kHz at 16-bit. And there is one more downer for record enthusiasts. With the method of Ghassaei are Recordings of a maximum of six minutes possible. So it's not enough to transfer your favorite albums.
Ghassaei has documented her project instructables.com, including a demonstration video and instructions for printing records. The micro photos of the record grooves from the 3D printer are also impressive.
In the music industry, there are mixed feelings about projects like this. Will be in the near future numerous legal disputes to the general use of CAD data expected.
Photo: www.amandaghassaei.com - License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- Have you ever visited Oman?
- What are ambient nucleophiles
- Where can I buy Obamacare insurance
- What does COP stand for
- Science always returns to philosophy
- Will David Miliband return to British politics?
- Pot is legal in Panama
- Can donate blood to methamphetamine users
- Can there be advances in classical music?
- What does JDK stand for
- How does human perception change with age?
- Is Toyota CVT reliable
- What is the population density of Washington
- Should we boycott Saudi Arabia
- What is the best camera lens cleaner
- What is IO virtualization
- How can goal-line technology be used
- How can a good man be made
- What is the importance of the cell cycle
- What's the best tortilla press
- How useful is an internship at HAL
- Used assembly language today
- Schools should have trading programs
- Why are serif fonts called serif fonts