Who is Shri Ram Nath Kovind
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
Azad Bhavan, New Delhi
Unveiling of the portrait of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji
at the ICCR headquarters
The ICCR is organizing an event to commemorate the late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji, the former Prime Minister of India, on August 16, 2020 by unveiling the portrait of Shri Vajpayee on the premises of the ICCR. The event is organized on the 2nd anniversary of the death of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji in memory of him and his contributions to building the nation.
The August 16 event will begin with the unveiling of the painting of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji by Shri Ram Nath Kovind, Honorable President of India, in a virtual mode in the presence of Shri V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, President of the ICCR and Member of Parliament. The painting was painted in oil on canvas by Shri Vasudeo Kamath, an eminent and well-known painter in Mumbai, a gold medalist who has received several awards both nationally and internationally.
Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee was ex officio President of the ICCR from March 1977 to August 1979, when he was Foreign Minister in the Janata post-emergency government from March 1977 to August 1979. During his tenure as Foreign Minister in 1977, Vajpayee ji became the first person to address the United Nations General Assembly in Hindi. It was his vision and leadership that led the ICCR to further expand and spread Indian culture worldwide. As a member of parliament, as foreign minister and finally as prime minister, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji made a lasting impression on the activities of the ICCR.
The ICCR was founded on April 9, 1950 to take an active part in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs related to India's external cultural relations, to promote and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries to support the cultural exchange with other foreign countries and people. The ICCR has 19 regional offices in various states of India and 38 cultural centers abroad to implement its program worldwide. Over the years, the ICCR has grown in size and activity and is now the cultural diplomatic arm of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a mandate to carry India's soft power abroad.
- How do startups set up the salary distribution
- Who is the strongest BTS member?
- How is fashion doing
- What would Hillary Clinton achieve as President
- Which artist sang the song Counting Stars
- Is favicon important for a website
- Supports edX SCORM content
- Why does someone learn well, someone not
- What is automation and instrumentation
- Does the financial statements matter in IAS
- How do I get a tracking number
- What is the perfect scale profile
- Can I keep Netflix shows forever
- What does Ruthful
- What's your straight to gay ratio?
- What is an environmental modeler in animation
- How can i eat ginseng root
- Why is State Disability Taxable?
- How are transformers protected from abnormal voltage
- Is there a cancellation of Tatkal tickets
- Birds will attack you
- What is the need for bike funding
- Which publisher has the best books
- Broken noses require hospitalization