How is John Green personally
Interview with John Green
BS: How do you like your characters?
John Green: It is a very long process of trying to see if a figure works or not. Often I already have a voice in my head. But it's not easy to get this voice that feels right in my head down on paper. I change a lot about my people. I leave things out and add others until the character that you meet in the book emerges. Right now I'm in this phase for my next book.
BS: Which character would you like to meet someday?
John Green: I would love to meet Hassan from "The first love (after 19 unsuccessful attempts)". He's great and just what I would like to be. But Augustus from “Fate is a lousy traitor” would certainly be an exciting encounter.
BS: What inspires you?
John Green: Above all, I am inspired by thoughts about my past. As William Faulkner said: “The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past " for example: the past is not dead. In fact, it is not even past]. I also find my ideas in everyday events, in the things that I or my friends experience.
BS: Do you enjoy writing together with other authors, for example in “Tage wie This”?
John Green: Yes, it's great to write with other writers. This cooperation is a lot of fun, but it is also a challenge. I'm a control freak and sometimes I find it difficult to let someone else do the writing. Still, I like this collaboration. Maybe it makes me a little less crazy than I am.
BS: Do you listen to music while you write?
John Green: Sometimes I listen to music. For example, when I was working on Fate Is A Lousy Traitor, I was listening to a lot of Swedish hip hop. This music is great.
BS: Does philosophy play a big role in your life?
John Green: In any case, philosophy is very important to me. It actually plays a role in everyone's life. The only question is whether you are aware of it or not. Every decision you make has an impact on life. This is very important to me. I question my work and my decisions. In my opinion, this is the only way to have a good and fulfilling life.
BS: How do you find it to have been nominated twice for the German Youth Literature Prize and not to have received it?
John Green: (laughs) It's a great honor for me, really. Of course, it would be great to actually receive the award. But the nomination alone is a great thing.
- How do augmented reality games work
- What is your ranking of the Lacroix flavors
- How common is counterfeit money
- Owns Mozilla Firefox
- What is the angle of a prism
- What are the positive effects of drought
- What is phone number 3
- Apatosaurus live in packs
- Why do I sweat even when it's cold
- What are medium weight bikes
- What 10 animals have two legs
- How much do leads cost at Infousa
- You can trust the Amazon courier service
- How is the Moto G5 Plus 3
- Is there a temple in Abu Dhabi
- What is ROUGE rating
- Who was the god for Jesus
- What will personalization look like in 2020
- Homo sapiens is still developing
- What is the etymology of the pipe
- Is there an entrance exam for BBA
- What is geomagnetism
- Are lipids flammable
- What is herpes in newborns