What does oxygen do to support life
Oxygen is vital. In order to maintain the energy production of the cells, the entire human tissue is dependent on a constant supply of oxygen.
When inhaled, oxygen reaches the smallest airways in the lungs, the alveoli, via the larger airways. As a result of the different partial pressure, a gas exchange takes place between the inhaled air / gas mixture and the capillary blood.
Increase the pressure gradient
After absorption in the capillaries, oxygen, for the most part in the form of molecules bound to hemoglobin, is transported to the various body tissues. Here the oxygen can be released to the cells via a further pressure gradient, where it is involved in an enzymatic chain reaction that supplies energy. A higher proportion of oxygen in the inhaled air / gas mixture also increases the pressure gradient that controls the oxygen transport to the cells. This ensures that oxygen can be delivered to the cells without interruption even under difficult conditions.
Preservation of cell energy
By administering oxygen at a pressure higher than atmospheric pressure (hyperbaric oxygen therapy * = HBO), the amount of oxygen transported via the bloodstream to the peripheral tissues can be increased compared to that at normal atmospheric pressure. Therefore, through an intermittent treatment with hyperbaric oxygen, even oedematous (swollen) and poorly perfused tissue areas can be adequately supplied with oxygen. In this way, energy production in the cells and cell function are preserved.
* Hyperbaric oxygenation (HBO) or positive pressure oxygen therapy means that 100 percent oxygen is administered at a pressure that is 1.4 times higher than atmospheric pressure at sea level (1 atmosphere = 101.3 kPa = 760 mmHg) is. For safety reasons, a pressure of 3 atmospheres must not be exceeded with an HBO.
- How hard is it to be fat
- How do you imagine yourself to be influential
- How does the neurosis begin
- What did you tell your adopted child
- What are the previous GATE questions
- How did the assassination attempt on Hitler fail?
- Can Google upload your opinion
- How has manual labor affected your personality?
- How can art therapy heal trauma
- What happens when we heat essential oil
- Did Kylie Jenner remove her botox?
- Why don't you like shopping
- What is the future
- What is the current state of Rust
- What does it mean to speak like the queen?
- Is ALL material for grade 11 good
- Which bike is the 1st
- What are the components of the additional dimensions
- How to Compare Facebook Pages
- What exactly is Ethereum Classic
- What does Joe Biden's campaign promise?
- Why can't equality be achieved
- How did mammals evolve over time
- Is zcash a different old coin
- Spread fairness creams skin discrimination
- What is the best laptop RAM
- What are your challenges in 2018
- Why do you think Australia exists
- Has Italy ever copied France?
- How did you improve your IQ
- What is the scope of biotechnology 1
- What are Masons hiding
- Which leads to the fact that the legs are extremely hairy
- What are you missing in life