What are some properties of soft water
Soft water - does that have any disadvantages?
Soft water definition
After determining the water hardness, values below 8.4 ° dH can be referred to as soft water.
This value represents a limit value between soft and medium-hard water. It is also the optimal value for the water hardness in the household.
Chemical properties of soft water
So-called hardness builders are dissolved in hard water. At the same time, these hardeners also lead to silicates and phosphates being dissolved in the water. To a certain extent, they serve as a chemical compensation for the hardness components dissolved in the water.
In soft water, these substances fall away. Soft water is therefore more aggressive than hard water. This has a detrimental effect in many areas.
Soft water in water pipes
Due to the lack of substances such as phosphates and silicates that are otherwise dissolved in the water, soft water has an aggressive effect on metal pipes.
In hard water, these substances form a protective layer on the metal. This protective layer cannot develop in soft water.
The oxygen dissolved in the water and the still existing carbonic acid can have a corrosive effect. They attack the metal pipes and in the long run even lead to pitting corrosion in some cases.
Soft water and concrete
Soft water has a similarly aggressive effect on concrete surfaces. Soft water can use it to dissolve lime compounds from the concrete. This also applies to rainwater. Its hardness is almost zero.
The corrosion of glass can also be accelerated by very soft water.
Worse removing soap
The lack of dissolved substances also means that very soft water can only dissolve soap poorly.
- Is buying a bitcoin a great investment?
- The world is now seen as overpopulated
- How do I master complicated JEE concepts
- Can a stupid girl crack IAS?
- Will lose Uber Southeast Asia
- What are the benefits of acupressure slippers
- Drink Uighurs alcohol
- How has brain surgery evolved over time
- What is an electronic billing system
- Which electrical phenomena are not understood
- Should I escape my life
- How are climate change and pollution related
- How does the botox work
- Does physics include problem solving
- Is underground water responsible for erosion?
- Is reincarnation BS
- What are the benefits of learning blockchain
- When does the 4th season of Homeland begin
- What Changed Your Mind About Celebrating Holidays
- How widespread is Delphi Pascal
- What does Get woke go broke mean
- What are some experiences with Keycloak
- Owns Mozilla Firefox
- What is Chirimoya