Was Martin Luther a humanist
During Luther's lifetime there were numerous serious changes in what had been a relatively fixed political and ideological system. Technical inventions such as the compass or book printing revolutionized an entire navigation and communication system. Geographical discoveries, such as Columbus' trip to America in 1492, nine years after Luther's birth, changed an entire worldview.
A concentration of changes naturally also creates unrest. Restlessness which seemed dangerous to many and which had to be fought for the most varied of motivations - one only needs to remember the martyrdom of the so-called heretics.
With the changes, a new intellectual current emerged, which is itself the cause of the change and at the same time its result - humanism (humanism: Latin humanitas = humanity, meaning: the educated person).
The formal commonality, that Study of classical ancient literature as well as that Learning the Greek and Latin languageswas to be found in all sub-movements of humanism. Hence the guiding principle of the humanists: "Ad Fontes!" - Back to the sources - especially the original Greek scripts from antiquity.
Luther derived an intensive study of the Bible for himself from this: For him, humanism primarily meant a return to the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures of the Bible - Bible humanism.
This movement, which with its renewing power also went against the rigid scholastic ideals of education and thus sparked the resistance of the church, has produced numerous important personalities.
Erasmus from RotterdamErasmus Rotterdamilainen
Erasmus of Rotterdam is probably the most famous name. Erasmus, the great scholar known throughout Europe, welcomes the reforms of the 'little' Augustinian hermit monk Luther. After a dispute with Luther, however, he and many humanists turned their backs on the Reformation.
Luther's most important colleague, the humanist Philipp Melanchthon, was brought up by the humanist scholar Johannes Reuchlin and, as a scholar, was always in contact with other humanists, especially Erasmus.
- How can an INTJ promote itself effectively?
- Furniture Who makes beautiful workbench tables
- How can I masturbate with my hands?
- How do AIPMM and PDMA differ
- What are themed restaurants
- The metro is available from Delhi Airport
- Is it worth sharpening cheap knives
- What is a DMS weighing cell
- Which cars are exempt from road tax
- Is it safer trading through Alibaba com
- How can a scientist become a celebrity
- How wide was a sword
- What is the best WordPress slider plugin
- What setup is required for vlogging?
- Can you smoke too much marijuana
- When is the Mandalorian finale
- Could there be a civil war in Great Britain?
- Is Java EE useful for big data
- Is there a hospital on oil platforms
- Should my startup have a community forum
- What can I use for gum pain
- How are tsunami-resistant structures built?
- Why shouldn't a teenager take creatine?
- How do I invest in startup companies