How often do you eat meat per week
How much meat is the right amount?
There is a lot of arguing about the amount of meat, some consider meat to be the main component of the meal, for others it is at best a fine side dish.
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating meat in moderation, a total of no more than 300-600 grams (g) of meat and sausage per week for an adult.
Here you will find the DGE's 10 rules for wholesome food and drink. Processed meat in particular - sausage and meat products - should only be consumed in moderate amounts, as the cancer researchers at the World Health Organization (WHO) emphasized in autumn 2015.
The right portion size
Different amounts of meat are recommended depending on the dish.
As a rule of thumb, these numbers apply per serving:
|Boneless meat:||125 - 150 g|
|Meat on the bone:||150 - 250 g|
|Minced meat:||100-150 g|
|Sausage insert:||50-90 g|
In many cases, however, the quantities can also be reduced. For more information, see How much meat does a portion need?
Is it also possible without meat?
If you want to do without meat completely, you can do so without problems. There is enough protein in milk, yoghurt, cheese, legumes and cereals; Combinations such as potatoes with egg, or milk with cereal / bread are ideal. Instead of meat, fish can of course also be eaten. Vitamins and iron are mainly offered by whole grain cereal products, ideally always in combination with vegetables or fruit rich in vitamin C.
If you don't just want to forego meat, but also dairy products and eggs, you have to deal a little more intensively with the value of food in order to still have a full-fledged diet. We will provide you with information on everything you need to know about vegetarian and vegan nutrition in a separate article.
- Our future is getting fucked
- What are epics in agile methodology
- How do I get physiotherapist jobs abroad
- Who was the smarter Einstein or Edison?
- What does BCU stand for in HVAC
- What are some guerrilla networking tips
- Which politician do you dislike
- Why does MQM want crime in Karachi
- How do I increase testosterone food
- Working underwater headphones
- Why don't all car seats point backwards?
- When are energy drinks good for you?
- I have hyperventilation
- Why don't colleges accept card payments
- What is the strangest coffee brew
- What's so good in life
- Did you eat your eggs?
- How is Kodi free
- How do I start working with JQuery
- How can Adobe Captivate be beneficial
- Why do people walk on railroad tracks
- On which factor the hydraulic pressure depends
- Wat is Appendix E in the passport
- Have you seen the statue of liberty?