How can people make paper at home
Create paper yourself
Creating paper yourself is fun and a great activity not only for children. It is very environmentally friendly because no chemical additives need to be added. Greeting cards, place cards, bookmarks or wrapping paper - creating paper yourself is an experience for young and old and a magical way of adding a more personal touch to gifts of money, for example.
Making paper - an ancient art
The ancient Chinese knew the art of making paper as early as 105 AD. According to tradition, they were the first to develop paper raw material from silk scraps. They kept the secret of production top secret for five centuries. However, they refined it during this time and used not only silk scraps, but also plant fibers, tree bark and old fishing nets.
Based on this traditional paper production, herbal and fruit teas invite you to experiment yourself. They discreetly color the paper and give it a unique structure. Red is achieved with tea made from rose petals, hibiscus and rose hips, a blueberry tea turns purple, chamomile tea makes the paper shimmer yellow and peppermint or dandelion tea light green. You can also enclose leaves, pine needles and dried herbs or pieces of fruit in the paper and thus achieve particularly decorative effects. The paper gets a delicate scent when you use flavored herbal and fruit tea blends.
To create paper yourself, you need:
- Wooden strips or a wooden picture frame
- Nails for the wooden frame
- Fly screens
- white household roll
- colored crepe paper for strong coloring of the mass
- Herbal or fruit tea, flavored on request for a delicate fragrance
- electric hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic tub - big enough for the frame
- Plastic film as a base (for example a garbage bag)
- Cotton towels (for example tea towels)
How to create paper yourself
The quantities and sizes in the following instructions apply to ten sheets of paper measuring 15 x 21 centimeters, i.e. DIN A5. For larger sheets, it is best to use paper in DIN standards as a template and calculate the amount of material accordingly. The paper you made yourself should be about two millimeters thick.
- You assemble the ladle frame from wooden strips. Then stretch the fly screen over it and fasten it to the side of the frame with thumbtacks. Make sure that the sieve surface is smooth.
- Unroll about two meters of household roll - preferably without any imprint - and use the electric mixer to chop it up in a mixing bowl with a little water. Put the porridge in the plastic tub and fill it up with up to three liters of water. Let it stand for a few hours - preferably overnight.
- If you want a strong color, tear the colored crepe paper into small pieces and add it to the mass. For a light color you can add about two to four tablespoons of herbal or fruit tea - depending on the desired effect. You can achieve different structures by adding leaves and other things.
- Before scooping up, spread the cotton towels out on the foil pad. Dip the sieve with the wooden frame diagonally downwards into the pulp and lift it up and out.
- Press the pulp directly onto the cotton cloths with the sieve. Warning, the cloths can take on the color of the paper.
- Let the scooped papers dry slowly together with the cotton towels on a clothesline in an airy place. Then carefully pull it off. Depending on the design you want, you can iron your own paper, preferably between two cloths.
- You can cut or tear the paper as you wish. The paper you have made yourself is ready.
- How does the state protect the family?
- Have you ever bought anything from Dodoluxury
- Why should idols never be worshiped
- Why can't equality be achieved
- How much is Uber in Guadalajara
- Would Russia join a war?
- What is a good alternative to Instagress
- How come I want to kill myself
- Who sings the song King Of Rock
- Clogs pores with jojoba oil
- Delivered USPS Priority Mail over the weekend
- Unknowingly, you cannot physically injure yourself
- Was the expansion of the Nazis in World War II economically motivated
- Are Iraqis Asians or what
- How would Hercules react to Jesus Christ
- How are time series used in physics
- Why am I such a mess
- Karl Marx was an alcoholic
- What do people think of Lookout Security
- What are the physical properties of acids
- Which countries are like an empire
- Why are Super Bowl rings getting bigger?
- How does a piano make sound?