How can we calculate human motivation
Motivation training: You will achieve your goals with these exercises
We all know dry spells and small bumps on the way to the top of the mountain - luckily there are motivational aids to persevere that you can easily acquire yourself. We'll tell you which exercises you can use to achieve your goals and which motivational training suits you.
A hall with 10,000 people who applaud wildly: No, there is no big pop star on stage, but motivational speakers like the American Tony Robbins or the German Christian Bischoff are invited. In a flaming motivational speech, they convince people that nothing stands in the way of achieving their goals. But they are not only criticized because of the commercialization behind it. It is also criticized that such events suggest to people that they can really do anything. It is clear that this is not always the case - but unstable people in particular can fall into a hole if the desired success does not set in.
The effects based on group dynamics and mass psychology make people very euphoric and they initially feel motivated - but they also lead to many participants confusing this sense of togetherness with personal development. But: The success of such motivators shows the enormous need for motivational training. In order to increase your own thirst for action, you don't have to register for a professional coaching event right away. We'll give you a few tips with which you can start your own motivational training.
Mental training: Motivation begins in the head
Mental training is, so to speak, the mental form of motivational training: This is intended to replace negative thought habits with positive ones. Those who learn to control their own thoughts better can call up their full potential when it matters.
In imagination exercises, the practitioner visualizes in his mind how he wants to think, feel and act in a certain situation. The aim is to be less distracted, to cope with failures better and to motivate yourself in the long term.
Let's do an experiment: Box? Imagine you are holding a beautiful, yellow lemon in your hands. Try to imagine them as vividly as possible. Now smell her, imagine her slight, sour smell. Now imagine that you cut the juicy lemon in half. Smell the halves again - the lemon smells much more intense now. Now take the lemon and bite hard.
If you really imagined the whole thing visually, two things have happened:
- You screwed up your face.
- You made saliva.
This list will help you check yourself!
Download our self-care checklist and learn how to take care of yourself in stressful times.
Increase motivation: 4 tips for your motivation training
Probably the easiest exercise in motivational training is when you realize that every defeat makes you stronger. Few goals can be achieved easily, setbacks are a part of it.
"Success means getting up once more than falling down." Winston ChurchillTweet it now
If you are threatened with a low motivation or if you feel demotivated, these small motivational aids can boost your fighting spirit, your self-confidence and your nerves:
- Mind cinema - do it like a professional athlete: The trick, why successful professional athletes successfully perform at their best, even under great pressure? You have played through the competition a few times before - in your head. If you are unmotivated, visualize your goal and imagine how you overcame the challenge.
- Use defeat as an incentive: A poor performance can quickly cause motivation to rapidly plummet. Don't let that dissuade you, but use defeat as an incentive to do better next time. Those who are aware of their weaknesses can work on them and turn them into strengths.
- Use positive thoughts for motivation holes: This often happens in sport in particular: if you have taken a longer break, it is often extremely difficult to get up again afterwards. If you don't have any motivation, don't worry about how long it will take to build up your condition again. Instead, concentrate on all the positive aspects that regular exercise brings with it and that you can bring back into your life by trying again.
- Talking to yourself brings motivation: If there is a threat of a low motivation, cheer yourself on with short self-talk. Sayings like "Be stronger than your strongest excuse" give you power immediately!
Very important: Nobody should be forced to such joint team motivation events, because that has the opposite effect and causes displeasure among those involved.
Motivation training in practice: With this exercise you will motivate yourself and others
In Scandinavia in particular, short motivational exercises are popular in everyday life. Such energizers can be carried out alone or together. You can easily implement two of these together or in a group:
The human machine (group exercise)
The group stands in a circle. The goal is for each participant to be part of a large machine. A participant enters the circle, makes a repetitive noise and moves a part of the body at the same time (e.g. "Whoop Whoop" with simultaneous arm circles). After five seconds, the next person comes into the circle, also with noise and movement. So it goes all around until everyone forms a snorting and moving machine.
Target visualization (individual exercise)
Find an undisturbed room and sit on a chair or lie on your back. Close your eyes and pay attention to your breath - when thoughts come into your head, let go of them and pay attention to the exhalation again. When you have become very calm and are less wandering, focus your awareness on your goal. Imagine exactly how it is at your destination: What does it look like there, what do you feel, what do you smell? Keep visualizing until the picture is complete and satisfactory and stay there for a moment. Then let go of the picture and watch your breath again for about a minute. Slowly open your eyes and write down any ideas that may have occurred to you during the visualization.
Not every motivational training is right for everyone - it is important that you find the right exercise for the different types of motivation. Some like to motivate themselves in a team, others prefer to do it for themselves. Try out which training stimulates motivation in you and which exercise you feel most comfortable with.
Marie-Theres is an online editor for health and insurance topics at ottonova. She designs the editorial plan, researches and primarily writes about (e-) health and innovation that make life better.
- Take out enemies with you in Skyrim
- How to become a neuroscientist
- Can a child join a mason's hut?
- Who buys old Indian coins
- How do you get an international internship
- How can I support my host family effectively?
- How do I choose a life jacket
- Who is called the Queen of Heaven?
- What exactly is in an IC
- What are aircraft and spacecraft made of
- What is the lifespan of Moepsen
- How are plastic water bottles made leak-proof?
- Are leftists angry
- Who was the founder of Indian Railways
- Which is better Angular 4 or ReactJs
- Can we add external graphics to C ++
- What is collaborative filtering in layman's terms
- Why are documentaries important
- How can I use Messenger with email
- Is WhatsApp HIPAA Compliant 1
- Are coal and charcoal the same thing?
- Car dealers really like their work
- Which apps are recommended for social media
- Have you ever hired a homeless person?