Modern technology makes our lives automated
9 technological megatrends that are changing our world
Technology increasingly determines how we work, live and communicate. Some are short-lived, others such as the Internet bring about lasting changes.
Technological progress is changing our world.
Technological developments have always accompanied human development. Some technology trends will pass as quickly as they came. Others change the world and how we live together in it.
Nine technology trends that could change our future
The bestselling author Bernard Marr recently presented nine of these megatrends. They are briefly described below.
1. Our everyday life produces more and more data
Chatting with friends, paying for coffee with the mobile app, looking for the shortest route or streaming music: we leave a broad digital trail behind with what we do every day and produce more and more data that draws conclusions about our actions allow.
2. Everyday objects become smart in the Internet of Things
Not only smartphones and smart watches are connected to the Internet, but also far more “smart devices” such as fitness bracelets, voice assistants, connected cars and more. The Internet of Things (IoT) is imperceptibly taking more and more of everyday life. The result is even more data about us.
3. Exponential increase in computer performance
Ever new technologies, such as quantum computing, enable ever higher computing power, which creates new opportunities to actually make the multitude of data usable.
4. Artificial intelligence is on the rise
What was considered science fiction just a few years ago is becoming a reality. The more AI systems work, the better their possibilities become. Together with the power of modern hardware, completely new possibilities of data processing open up.
5. Automation as the next industrial revolution
More and more processes, decisions, functions or systems can be transferred to algorithms and robots. Machines do many tasks faster, safer, cheaper and more accurately than humans. The working world in companies in all sectors is changing massively as a result. The economic effects cannot yet be foreseen.
6. 3D printing opens up new possibilities
Especially in the industrial sector, completely new possibilities are opening up through 3D printing. Factories are becoming redundant in many places, and personalization without the disadvantages of non-existent mass production becomes possible.
7. New ways of interacting with technology
If texts or static programming (e.g. for remote controls) were the predominant form of interaction between users and technical devices for a long time, smartphones and tablets have already changed this. Next, language and - thanks to virtual realities - gestures and facial expressions will take over the connection between the real and digital world and thus also change the communication between companies and consumers.
8. Blockchain enables decentralized security
The use of blockchain technologies will lead to completely new value chains. Decentralized data storage and smart ledger technologies bring more security for both providers and users. No industry will be excluded.
9. Platforms as a new business reality
Platforms, defined as physical or digital networks, are becoming an integral part of numerous value chains. As a service provider, your business model is to bring together providers and buyers of a service or product. Companies from a wide variety of industries are considering adapting platform models.
Technology: curse or blessing
No question about it, new technologies do not only bring advantages. This becomes clear with the example of artificial intelligence. It not only makes life more pleasant but - thanks to medical applications - also makes it longer, but it leads to job losses in many areas of the economy. And not everyone will appreciate it when their life becomes increasingly transparent thanks to data analysis.
Financial service providers will also have to face all opportunities and risks. FinTech is only a very small tip of the iceberg. The interaction with customers will change as well as internal processes and ultimately entire business models.
Rapid adaptation will be critical to successful adaptation. Refusing to accept technological progress may have temporarily slowed it down, but has never been able to stop it.
- How should I deal with Thin PCOS
- What is Optum about
- Is AOT good for CSE
- Is barium a metal
- Can i buy an R15
- Who said such a misinformed statement
- You can combine Pinot Noir with fish
- Which functions does a Tesla car support
- What are some strong arguments against GST
- Is that evil forever
- How does the USA benefit from globalization
- What is paracetamol made of
- Should I take algebra-based physics
- Why is inheritance socially acceptable
- Why can't the XHelper malware be removed?
- Which chemical element has a symbol Am
- What are common pitfalls with microservices
- How do I deal with stress 5
- Why is my white nail polish yellowing?
- What determines the speed of a network
- When did you reveal a face?
- Is Antigua safe
- What is Generation Alpha
- What are some open source must have