What are the functions of electricity pylons
Briefly explained: power pole design
Danube, buoy, one level - we present the different electricity masts and explain when which mast type is used.
Even if it might look different at first glance, not all electricity pylons are the same. On closer inspection there are important differences.
Basically, steel truss masts are the technology of choice when building an overhead line. They are easy to maintain and can usually be put back into operation quickly in the event of a failure.
Tonne, Danube and one level
In Germany, three types of masts are mainly used for the construction of overhead lines: In their simplest form for two systems with three conductor cables each, they are called Danube, Tonne and one level. The masts differ in their height and width as well as in the number of cross beams, the so-called traverses.
Barrel masts have three trusses on each side. The middle traverse has the largest span and gives the mast its barrel-shaped profile - and also its name.
The particularly slim mast is mainly used when the width of the route is limited, for example when forest areas have to be crossed.
Not too high and not too wide: the Danube mast is a good compromise between mast height and route width. With two traverses on each side, it is lower than the barrel and slimmer than the single level.
This is why TenneT uses it most frequently in Germany.
The mast owes its name to its first use: in 1927 on a high-voltage line along the Danube valley.
One-level masts have only one long traverse on each side. They are particularly low, but need wider routes.
The single-level mast is mainly used when there are height restrictions, for example near airports.
Combination of mast types: Danube single level and double barrel
Depending on the requirements, there are also variations of these three basic types: The double barrel, for example, is a wider barrel for lines with four systems. The mast types "Danube" and "One-level" can also be combined to form a Danube one-level mast. It is slightly wider and higher than a normal Danube mast and also allows four systems to be accommodated.
- What can I live without in life?
- When will India become the 30 trillon economy
- How is AI recognized first
- Are Coursera degrees accredited
- Cable TV disappears from the market
- What are the risks in event management
- What does honest photography cost
- Can I get braces at the NHS
- Will we live in paradise
- What is computer software industry
- What are the best college football movies
- Low bounce rate is good
- Which brand makes the most reliable cars
- Which Bollywood songs do you find motivating
- What God actually did for us
- Black beetle sting
- What is a function or relationship for binary operations
- How would you draw the internet
- What is the difference between Quora Twitter
- What is the business model of Spirit Halloweens
- What are candid looks in basketball
- Hindus believe in a loving God
- Make MBA an advantage
- What is your fastest typing speed