Who invented crochet?
The history of crocheting - origins and basics
The history of crocheting goes back a long way. Some historianssuspect that fishing nets for hunting represented the fundamentals of the technology. The first printed crochet patterns did not appear until the beginning of the 19th century.
More about handicrafts
The origin of crocheting: stable nets
The technique of crocheting is quite simple and relatively quick to learn. Historians therefore assume that humans could have worked with this technology a very long time ago. Unlike today, according to the theory of the history of crocheting, back then it was not about designing beautiful things for the household. Rather, the crocheting of nets had a very practical meaning: humans were on the move as hunters and could make rich prey with stable nets. The assumption is that the crocheting technique known today could have developed on the basis of these principles. (Crochet pot holders: the classic for beginners)
Parallel development on all continents
If you look at the history of crocheting, you will make an astonishing discovery: unlike many other techniques, crocheting did not just originate in one place and spread from there - rather, crocheting was carried out on all continents at the same time. So a number of people must have had the idea and thought up the basics of the technology. Another interesting detail: there is still no crochet machine to this day. So wherever crocheting is done, it is still done by hand. (Tunisian crochet - a special technique)
The first printed crochet patterns
For a long time, the history of crocheting has been shaped by oral traditions. The basics were passed on from generation to generation; there were no written records. As we know today, that didn't change until the early 19th century. The oldest known crochet patterns that appeared in print date back to 1820. At that time, a Dutch newspaper published the instructions.
- Will they all go solar at some point?
- Why did Google need Motorola's patent portfolio
- What are some convenient brands of women's shoes
- What if the Death Star wasn't destroyed
- What are the negative characteristics of entrepreneurs?
- What other movies are like Gone Girl
- I can safely eat rock salt
- Can writing ever become a pernicious addiction?
- How is NLP related to hypnosis?
- What is Sulemani Keeda
- What are the properties of colored glass
- How do SMART boards help students
- Why has Apple been grappling with many problems lately
- Can I upload themes to free WordPress
- Will Sasuke ever surpass Naruto?
- What did you call your white cat
- What is the most successful unforeseen innovation
- What are death masks
- What is the best malware cleaner
- Why don't girls give flowers to boys?
- For whom did Austria fight in World War II?
- Failed Tik Tok Instagram
- Why did Eicher Motors go under
- What did I just order in France
- What do conservatives have against transgender individuals?
- Who is the best gastroenterologist in Indore
- Operations management technology used in design
- The future is green
- What is the solution 2 2 + 2 * 2 2
- Is it safe for girls in NIFTEM
- What is Patanjali Fried Chicken
- Which is better to think or feel why
- What is your impression of China
- What about Cooper Union