What is an example of a share
Determine the proportion
Felix likes to eat strawberry jam for life. At breakfast he reads the list of ingredients to his mother. After the strawberries comes the sugar.
For every 100 g of strawberry jam there are 40 g of sugar.
Felix wants to know how high it is proportion of of sugar in the jam.
So here is the whole (100 g) and the fraction (40 g). You are looking for the fraction that indicates the proportion.
There are 2 ways to determine the proportion. At some point you will definitely only take the second route, because it is faster.
Way 1: Think of an intermediate step.
You want to get from the whole (100 g) to the fraction (40 g).
Think of an intermediate step. 1 always works.
You can shorten $$ 40/100 $$: $$ 40/100 = 4/10 = 2/5 $$
The proportion of 40 g to 100 g is $$ 2/5 $$.
You can also think of other intermediate steps:
Way 2: do the math right away
You may already see that you don't actually need an intermediate step.
You calculate: $$ (fraction) / (whole) $$
So: $$ (40 g) / (100 g) = 4/10 = 2/5 $$
How to calculate the proportion:
$$ portion = (fraction) / (whole) $$
You gave the whole and the fraction. Then you can calculate the fraction of the whole.
As soon as possible.
Even more tasks
In a class with 28 students, 20 are on Instagram. What is the percentage of students who use Instagram?
Bill: $$ 20/28 = 10/14 = 5/7 $$
The share is $$ 5/7 $$.
In 2016 there were around 2,500,000 apps in the Google Play Store.
Around 500,000 of these are game apps. What is the share of game apps?
Calculation: $$ 500000/2500000 = 5/25 = 1/5 $$
The share is $$ 1/5 $$.
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
- What do you think of unsorted recycling
- An emergency call tracks your location
- When will the Hyundai Palisade be released?
- What do you think of homosexuals
- What is radiation fog
- What are the effects of the arts
- What happens when you machine wash leather
- Why isn't school easier?
- What are some information gathering techniques
- What are some known Elasticsearch issues
- How do I hide my Android
- Is it illegal to scrape with Gludo?
- What is meant by transition period
- Can I make calls in the 4g network?
- How do you celebrate Black History Month
- What are the map elements
- What is Ed Sheeran's favorite color
- How are court files delivered
- Will it help me to learn Hebrew to learn Arabic
- How are textbooks written?
- What ethics did your father teach you?
- How does the Mongolian economy work
- How can you like your job
- The bicycle machine reduces the body weight
- What is the 1 shopping app
- What are PuTTY commands
- What do you think of Alabama drivers
- Benefits of cycling 1
- What are some examples of disaccharides
- You can cool wine in the freezer
- Have your soulmate manifested through LOA
- How can I get Overwatch for free
- Which drugstore eyeshadow palette is underestimated?