What's the problem with being a tourist
Baltic tourism has a number of negative aspects, which are extremely far-reaching. They deal with pressures on the ecosystem and its natural balance, effects on the local population, the disadvantages of the growing service sector, and the problem of strong seasonality through to oxygen deficiency due to excessive pollution and its effects on, for example, existing fish stocks.
Intervention in the ecological balance
Originally, the people living by the sea also lived from it. The main component was fishing and its processing. Due to the steadily growing tourism and industrialization, this is receding more and more. One advantage of this is that less dependence on nature and thus more security in everyday life. A not entirely insignificant disadvantage of the increasing number of tourists is that an increased number of tourists visits one Intervention in the ecosystem and thus into the ecological balance represents. There is more and more Garbage and pollution the water and the air. In addition, there is also a shortage of water.
- tourism also leads to:
- extinction of species
- destruction of flora and fauna
- Soil sealing
Oxygen starvation problem
The increasing pollution the Baltic Sea also contributes to Oxygen depletion at. Nice 1974 the problem became visible, which for example also severely affects the fish population. As a result, all seven neighboring countries at that time have one Convention for Protection of the maritime environment of the Baltic Sea areas.
Growing service sector as a vicious circle
That is a huge benefit growing service sector in the supply and management of tourists, as this creates jobs, even if only seasonal. But this is also a disadvantage, as it results in a vicious circle: The more tourists travel to the Baltic Sea, the more income is generated for the existing locals and seasonal workers, the population, but at the same time this also means increased income Intervention in the ecosystemwhich endangers what actually attracts tourists. In addition, the Baltic tourism, due to the weather, an extreme seasonal business and the employees in the tourism industry hardly receive any income in the winter months.
The growing tourism ensures that in the summer months, the Main operating time many guests and therefore many more Seasonal workers are there, which can quickly overcrowd while it is used in the winter months Desolation and loneliness whole regions. These strong seasonality has now been weakened again, however, as there are now many offers that are not dependent on the season, such as wellness, cycling or cultural tourism.
Losses / disadvantages for the locals
That is also not insignificant Loss of the village structurewhich existed in earlier times in areas such as the Baltic Sea. The loss of the village structure means that community life, the social "togetherness", the Traditions, manners and customs get lost. This happens because of the high proportion of strangers and the Orientation towards the tourist needs. But not only the village structure is suffering from the expanding tourism, the natural surroundings are also being destroyed by, for example, modern buildings for tourism. Too extensive tourism robs the locals of theirs identity and your homeland and often has the Abandonment of tradition result.
In addition to known problems such as pollution, tourism also includes other serious negative effects such as the lack of oxygen caused by increasing pollution. Due to the dependence of tourism on the Baltic Sea on mild temperatures and the like, entire regions on the northern side of the Baltic Sea are lonely and deserted. Many of these issues are not adequately addressed due to the need for Baltic tourism.
- How do football and hockey differ?
- What is merchant banking
- How does an optical microscope work
- What is application of molecular orbital theory
- Addicting Netflix
- What scares opossums off
- Should Serbia annex northern Kosovo
- Is the Naruto Shippuden series on Netflix
- Where can I get customer service training
- What is a spindle shaft
- What are the advantages of metaphysics
- Why is mental fitness important
- Saved passwords cannot be displayed in Internet Explorer
- People treat animals with fairness
- Are tardigrades or water bears immortal
- What SAT score is required for NYU
- How will global warming affect the homeless
- Top 5 cell phones to come in 2016
- What does the term psyche refer to
- Should remove facial hair from boys
- The Japanese call themselves Yasuhito
- Why are aluminum bike frames so popular
- How many paid customers does Basecamp have
- College Stress Burns Calories
- Why would anyone use python pandas
- Can you overcharge a car battery?
- You can put eggs in the microwave
- Startups have to pay taxes
- When is the ticket booking for Kabali open?
- Which is better punk rock or rap
- When should entrepreneurs turn
- Should I sell my stocks in Macys?
- What traditions are dying in Vietnam
- What mistakes did Uber make