What would make you stop eating pigs?
11 facts about pigs
1. Pigs know their name
Newborn piglets learn to listen to the mother's voice, and mothers sing to their babies as they nurse them. Pigs form complex social units and learn from one another in a way that has otherwise only been observed in primates.
2. Pigs are clean
When there is enough space, pigs make every effort not to litter the space where they sleep and eat. Pigs do not sweat "like a pig" because they cannot sweat at all. They love to bathe in water or mud to cool off - although they definitely prefer water.
3. Pigs like to play
In natural surroundings, pigs spend hours playing, sunbathing, and exploring their surroundings. People who work at sanctuaries often report that pigs, like humans, enjoy listening to music, playing ball and getting massaged.
4. Dream pigs
Similar to us humans. They snuggle up close and love to sleep nose to nose.
5. Pigs communicate
Pigs communicate with each other all the time. More than 20 of their oinks, grunts and squeaks were differentiated for different situations, from wooing their partners to saying "I'm hungry!"
6. Pigs are intelligent
Pigs are judged to be more intelligent than three-year-old human children and dogs. They can play video games with a joystick, they are capable of abstract representations, and years later they can remember words and objects they have learned.
7. Pigs orientate themselves well
The animals have an excellent sense of direction and find their way home even over great distances. Adult pigs can reach speeds of up to 10 miles per hour.
8. Pigs are connoisseurs
You don't eat “like a pig”, but prefer to eat slowly and with pleasure.
9. Pigs have good memories
Pigs remember very well where to find food. In nature, the food is distributed in different places, and it is worthwhile to find good feeding places again. Pigs have excellent memories.
10. Pigs are optimists
Few animals are as open-minded, curious and enthusiastic about the world as pigs do.
11. Pigs are brave
Pigs are known to have saved the lives of others, including human friends.
- Are dinosaurs an invention of the human imagination?
- Why does Sun Yat Sen look Italian
- What is a rising sun
- How do apps make money 1
- What is it like to go to Georgia University
- People with autism experience less pain
- What is Evernote for?
- What are examples of fishing novels
- East Delhi is still a garbage dump
- What is a situational irony in literature
- What is a nonsensical poem
- What are the best underrated space films
- What is chunk distribution
- What are some guerrilla networking tips
- Tyrion knows that Olenna poisoned Joffrey
- What happens at manager meetings
- Which is the best Chromebook right now
- What is a computer technology skill
- Why is it embarrassing to fart?
- Why did Japan want an empire?
- Is escitalopram oxalate a controlled substance
- Who beat JEE Main April 2019
- What do you regret
- What happened to Draco Malfoy
- What is NP Complete and NP Hard
- How do I implement progressive loading of images
- Is kickboxing harmful in certain periods of time
- What is Richard Branson's claim to fame
- What does my dream mean 32
- What is parallel GDP
- How difficult is algebraic geometry
- What are the effects of mehndi
- Does Linus Torvalds ever regret making Linux?
- What is the future