How long has it been since you were diagnosed
CANCER DIAGNOSIS - WHAT'S NEXT?
The first step after diagnosing cancer is to have a detailed discussion with your treating doctor about the exact results of the examinations and how things will proceed.
Let the individual treatment options for cancer be explained to you in detail and ask whether there are other options. The doctors will then work with you to determine the most suitable treatment strategy for you. This conversation should take place calmly and without time pressure. Let us explain to you exactly which procedure your doctor considers to be sensible and best suited. If you have concerns about the suggested treatment, ask him if there are other options.
Talk to your doctor about how the individual therapy options affect your quality of life, i.e. your physical condition, your mental well-being and your social environment.
Make sure you understand your doctor and ask if there is anything you do not understand. Let unknown foreign words be explained to you. Many doctors often fail to notice that they are using technical terms that they do not know.
The German Cancer Aid publishes the brochure "Cancer Dictionary - The Blue Advice 41", in which medical terms are explained in a way that is understandable for laypeople).
Sometimes in hectic everyday hospital or practice life, unfortunately, there is not enough time for discussions between doctor, patient and relatives.
If your doctor is not taking enough time for you, ask when you can have a more in-depth discussion. This is often possible if the appointment takes place at a different time, for example at the end of the practice period.
- Goethe was a Freemason
- How was NEET 2017 paper 1
- How does Ayurveda help with a healthy life
- What is the Most Experienced Brain Neurosurgeon
- Do you know any trick questions
- How processed is Nespresso
- There is an iOS calendar control library
- How is Boston University for an MS
- Who are some top music critics
- Does magnesium deficiency interfere with healthy sleep?
- Why is old Taylor Swift dead
- Depressed people generally live shorter lives
- How long should a classified ad run?
- Can Spider Man beat Wolverine
- What is an example of a heterotrophic mode
- What do you think of Rohingyas
- Should I make an appointment with a colleague?
- How does the heat treatment furnace work
- Who sang the song Peace Pipe in 1993
- Where do you want to settle
- How hard is it to be fat
- Is Monero better than Bitcoin and why
- Why are children so messy
- What are bands like La Dispute?