Which company understands the collaboration best
Cooperation vs. collaboration: these are the main differences
Companies seem to agree that collaboration between specialists across disciplines is important in order to successfully implement projects. Unfortunately, the reality is often completely different. Various employees and departments concentrate on their tasks and goals within the project without seeing the overarching corporate goal. In order to work collaboratively, it takes more than bringing all project participants around the table, exchanging information and cooperating. But what exactly is the difference between cooperation and collaboration?
That is what we mean by cooperation
In cooperation, individuals or teams work on different subtasks of the end result. This means that the respective employees or groups are not involved in the production of all results of a project. Processing takes place in parallel.
That means collaboration
In collaboration, people or teams work together on part of the end result in parallel. The difference to cooperation: A single employee or a team are involved in the production of all results of a project. A collaboration takes place sequentially, i.e. continuously.
Imagine the following scenario:
A large insurance company is developing a line of products to create unique customer experiences. But when the products were rolled out, it became clear that the product development and marketing teams weren't working closely enough with the IT and customer service teams. These teams were informed about the general product development strategy, but not involved in the detailed planning of the roll-out. Among other things, this meant that the call centers were not prepared for questions from customers.
To avoid this and to initiate true collaboration in your company, you should consider the following steps:
- First answer the following questions: What are the responsibilities within your team? What do you need from other teams in the course of the organization?
- Outline the project flow, the individual phases and the time required.
- Discuss the resources and possibilities and enter into a dialogue with all those involved in the project.
- Then create an appointment and invite all the required employees from the various areas. This is where the responsibilities of the collaborative project should be defined.
- The collaboration tools from Google can ideally be used here: With Google Apps for Work, ideas and content can be exchanged, developed and implemented more quickly by working on a single document in parallel.
Get started collaboratively with Google Apps for Work
With Google Apps for Work, ideas and content can be exchanged, developed and implemented faster by working on a single document regardless of location and in parallel.
The Google Tools make it easier for companies to work together productively: They have more time for creativity and new ideas. According to the principle of “One Document of Truth”, all employees, colleagues and business partners are always up to date. There is no inconvenient sending of documents as attachments or the overwriting of previous versions.
Google Apps for Work at a glance
- Gmail for business
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
- Google Vault
- Google Sites
Not only work more efficiently, but really collaborate with the tools from Google. Would you like advice? Then please contact us here.
(Source: Harvard Business Review)
- Travel soon
- Offer e-commerce services
- Why is marriage so important in India
- Which bike is the 1st
- Are community interactions central to the success of quoras?
- What are some online lessons
- Can psychopathy be confused with autism
- Which wines go well with smoked meat?
- The definition of normal is subjective
- How do I deal emotionally with cancer
- How GrabPoints Owners Make Money
- What does lack of expectation mean
- What is the Flattr machine baking
- How can I open my Hotmail email
- Pneumonia can lead to heart failure
- What is the scope of this function
- What are top speakers under 500rs
- Is this the answer to Brexit 1
- What are the most interesting natural phenomena
- How does Ayurveda help with a healthy life
- How do animators draw battle scenes
- Market failure in business is a theory
- Are cryptic pregnancies real?
- What in detail is Plato's ethics