What is cherry wood
|Measured value description||value|
|Bulk density||0.60-0.63 g / cm³|
|Medium density||491 kg / m³|
|Compressive strength||45 - 55 N / mm²|
|Flexural strength||85-110 N / mm²|
Cherry tree species and DIN designations
Cherry trees are not only found here. They also grow in India, Japan, and North America. For wood, however, this has only a subordinate meaning - a distinction is only made between:
- European cherry tree
- American cherry tree
- Indian cherry tree
|National designation according to DIN||Cherry tree|
|Abbreviation according to DIN||KB|
|International designations according to DIN EN 13 556||European cherry tree (PRAV; EU), American cherry tree (PRSR; AM) and Indian cherry tree (without abbreviation)|
Wood rays are clearly visible in cherry wood, the clearly recognizable longitudinal stripes through the darker latewood is very typical. Rays are very dense and very finely executed.
There is a clear color difference between the sapwood and the heartwood. The sapwood is reddish-whitish-gray, while the heartwood is usually a little darker and often has a stronger yellowish tint, and can also have a greenish tinge.
Cherry wood is only moderately hard, but very firm. It has good elastic properties, shrinks only moderately, but must be carefully dried, as it has a tendency to throw. Steaming improves the properties of cherry wood. It's also easy to edit.
Cherry wood is neither weatherproof nor resistant to fungal and insect attack. On the contrary, there is a relatively high susceptibility to pests.
Cherry wood is mainly used in interior construction for the premium class. Veneers are becoming increasingly widespread today, and handicrafts are also increasingly being made from cherry wood. Cherry wood also has a certain importance in the field of musical instrument making.
The prices for cherry wood correspond to the high quality of the wood and its reputation. For European cherries you have to calculate around EUR 1,000 - 1,200 per m³ as sawn timber, while American cherries are usually around EUR 1,500 - 1,700 per m³. You practically do not find Indian cherry trees in our timber trade.
Here you will find an overview of all types of wood
- What happens when people leave religion
- What is the best tab under 10k
- Why do golfers wear long pants?
- Animal behavior crying baby monkeys
- How do I crack a PS4
- Can you suggest some books of mysteries
- Is Apple ahead of Google in terms of data protection
- Was Martin Luther a humanist
- Who has experience with user testing
- Is it good to take SSB coaching?
- Is the statue of unity worth a visit
- Why cannot Virat Hindus practice religious tolerance
- Can I book an Uber for tomorrow
- How Much PC is Too Much PC
- How does gene therapy affect humans?
- Get the phone number with the IP address
- What traditions are dying in Vietnam
- Who invented silk?
- What Are Some Fallen Angel Tattoo Designs
- Anyone can make me new business proposals
- Which types of cancer are easiest to test for
- Is the computer an American technology?
- Why does the motherboard need drivers
- How can we recognize 3D points of view