What are some ideas for outdoor shower floors
The idea for do-it-yourselfers: build a garden shower yourself
If you want to cool off quickly in the garden on warm summer days, you don't always need a large swimming pool immediately. Sometimes a small garden shower is enough, which you can easily build yourself with a few tricks.
Tedious mowing the lawn on hot summer days, long car journeys in bright sunshine or humid temperatures during the warm season: all of these situations have one thing in common. They literally call for a cool down in the shower. And it can be outside in the garden in summer. It takes less effort than you might think. We'll tell you what you need to implement now.
Table of Contents
Where should the garden shower go?
Before you start implementing a garden shower, you should clarify the location of the new shower. Because one of the important criteria for a garden shower is a place that cannot attract the attention of strangers. So we need a place in the garden that is as protected as possible, for example behind walls, fences, pergolas or bushes. Often a corner in the garden overgrown with plants or a house wall that is particularly protected is ideal. It is best to walk through the garden in peace and look at me from this angle.
The water connection is of course essential for operating a garden shower. In order to do as little work as possible, it is advisable to build the shower in the immediate vicinity of a water connection. In many cases this is possible near the house. Otherwise, the water connection must first be relocated to the place where the shower is to find its new home - the water hose is then ideally under the surface so that the material does not interfere with gardening and does not impair the appearance.
If you want to shower very often in the garden, a drain pipe may be necessary. In most cases, however, a drainage around the shower is sufficient, which ensures a corresponding drainage.
Tip: Make sure the ground is slightly sloping. This ensures that no stagnant water forms and that the wastewater can seep into the garden. For perfectly level gardens, a minimal amount of excavation can help to recreate the sloping angle.
Prepare the soil
So that young and old can safely use the shower in the garden, a suitable surface is first required for the shower. A lawn is usually out of the question, as the water softens the soil after a certain time and you then stand in the wet soil. This inevitably leads to grass and mud feet, which you just want to avoid.
A robust floor covering can be designed, for example, with a base made of wood. It is best to use hard material such as Bangkirai, which is particularly durable and can also handle contact with water. But be careful: wood tends to be slippery, especially when it is wet. It is best to discuss beforehand with the specialist whether the desired material is suitable.
The substrate can be created even more easily with a surface made of natural stone, concrete or stone tiles. Here, too, make sure that the material is always non-slip and, in any case, make sure that the area of the floor is not too small and that there is enough space on the surface.
If you don't want to do any complex paving work and want to use granite slabs from the hardware store, for example, proceed as follows:
- Lay out the desired shower area once with the panels you purchased before, in order to then mark the boundaries of the area laid out.
- Now the plates are put aside again in order to remove the sod and create a small depression of around 20 centimeters.
- Now briefly tamp down the loosened soil.
- Pour gravel or gravel into the small depression (available from building dealers or local gravel suppliers) and check a slight slope again.
- Fill in fine sand and embed the plates in it. Press lightly with a rubber mallet.
- Sprinkle the remaining joints with decorative gravel to give the panels the desired strength. Brush in gravel with a hand brush and remove excess gravel.
Detailed instructions for building a simple shower can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai51rlAfmOM
By the way, if you want the floor to be clad with floor tiles, you will find a nice selection of suitable materials in our online shop.
Install the shower
When installing the actual shower, you are spoiled for choice: Simple outdoor showers can be bought as ready-made plug-in systems in the hardware store for little money. They are stuck into the lawn at the edge of the newly created floor area and connected with a water hose. Advantage: The fitting can be quickly stored in the house in winter.
If you want it to be of higher quality, you can build a fixed shower wall with a stainless steel fitting that can be concealed or concealed on the wall. So-called rain showers are particularly beautiful outdoors, as they particularly recreate the feeling of being in nature. Such high-quality shower systems are, for example, an interesting way of creating a wet room in combination with an outdoor sauna. However, they are in no way inferior to building a shower in the house - including time and cost factors.
Don't forget the right privacy screen
In order to protect yourself from unwanted looks in the garden, it is best to have an additional privacy screen. Here, too, there are hardly any limits to the possibilities. In the following we have listed some ideas for a privacy screen that can be supplemented as required. These are popular options:
- Privacy screen made of bamboo mats and struts
- Brick brick wall
- Wall made of vertical or horizontal wooden slats
- Large boulders made of natural stone
- Brick cabin clad with tiles
- Brick cabin clad with straps made of natural stone
- Privacy protection panels made of frosted or ornamental glass
- Layered dry stone wall
- Wooden fence
- Shrubs and bushes
- Concrete wall
- Concrete wall clad with mosaic stones
- Formally cut, evergreen hedge
Building a simple shower in the garden is easier than you might think, and is a nice DIY project for beginners too. Once the location and water connections have been clarified, nothing stands in the way of building a flexible outdoor shower facility.
Cover picture: Pixabay
- What is the national animal of Laos
- Are squats better than boards
- Who cleared the UPSC preliminary round in 2017
- How does a PDF printing service work
- Would you like to visit Central Asia
- Which agency do you work with
- Is that particular sentence correct?
- Which US companies use Akamai
- When does Slack report profits
- What is the best garden forum
- What are professional careers after math
- What is a combustion chamber
- How informative is Bernie Sanders' campaign
- Helps ANSYS to test the effects
- Which job is better for ECE students
- Why are cloud phone services better
- How could e-books be published and sold
- Who came first, Egyptians or Greeks
- Italians marry earlier
- How do women entrepreneurs market their businesses
- Am I stressed or am I depressed?
- Are there pretty girls with autism?
- What are the tallest statues in India
- Why did Kitano die in Battle Royale
- Does positive thinking work to change emotions
- What is A7X
- Why do people love storytelling
- How does technology help e-commerce
- Which African countries grow avocados?
- Which Seattle startups are hiring new graduates
- What makes an Indian marriage interesting
- Why is cow holy but not a buffalo
- What is Apple MacBook Pro
- How can I imagine 1000 square meters