What is the Burj Khalifa used for?
The Burj Khalifa, in other words: Burj Khalifa, is the tallest skyscraper in the world. No other structure in the world is taller either. It has been in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates since 2010. Burj is Arabic and means "tower". The tower takes its name from Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the ruler of the country. The skyscraper is located in a modern part of the city called Downtown Dubai.
The Burj Khalifa is 829 meters high from the ground to the top of the tower. The highest point that can be reached with one of the 57 elevators is at a height of 638 meters. Further up there are only rooms for the electronics and maintenance of the building.
The Burj Khalifa was designed by the American architect Adrian Smith in 2004. The building took about six years to build and cost more than a billion euros. Up to 12,000 workers from all over the world were involved in the construction. The frame of the Burj Khalifa is made of steel. Outside it is surrounded by glass and aluminum.
The Burj Khalifa has a total of 163 floors. Most of them have offices and luxury apartments for rich people. Some residents are so rich that there is even a vending machine that sells gold bars. The lowest floors are used as a hotel. There is a viewing platform for tourists on the 124th floor, from where you can look in all directions. It can be reached by a special elevator that takes less than a minute for the long distance. This makes it one of the fastest elevators in the world. Another viewing platform can be found on the 148th floor at a height of 555 meters.
The tower in 2008 when it was still being built
At the water fountain show in front of the Burj Khalifa
This is what it looks like when you look down from the viewing platform.
There are also other search results for “Burj Khalifa” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- The Japanese still use kyujitai
- How fast is GIMP improving
- Which is better CDS or IAS
- Why do basketball players wear a tank top
- Science can sometimes be hypothetical
- How to write an appendix
- How does a PDF printing service work
- Can XY chromosomes change to XX chromosomes?
- Why is the YouTube community so racist
- How do you break records
- What are different uses of cryptography
- How does the copyright apply to self-publication
- What is biology in Hindi
- What are some trends in animal development
- How do I find the PIN code
- What company makes Apple computers
- How is assonance used in poetry
- You can aim high at Concerta
- Why did Kitano die in Battle Royale
- Is it safe to visit Costa Rica
- Animal behavior crying baby monkeys
- Has anyone tried homeopathy drugs for psoriasis
- How to invest $ 4 million
- What are some command terminology