When did you start working at ISRO?
Fire in the antenna test center of ISRO in Ahmedabad
to the non-mobile version
On May 3, 2018, a fire raged in the Space Applications Center (SAC) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). At least 25 fire engines were deployed to put out the fire at the Ahmedabad facility. The fire caused severe damage, particularly in the antenna test center.
The approximately forty employees of the facility who were on site were not injured because they were not in the affected premises. However, two security workers from paramilitary security forces protecting sensitive facilities (Central Industrial Security Force, CISF) and two firefighters had to be hospitalized for inhaling toxic fumes.
Satellite payloads that were being constructed at the SAC and those that were on-site for testing are said not to have been damaged. However, the antenna test center and the highly specialized test equipment located in it was badly affected.
According to the fire department, the fire may be due to an electrical short circuit. The SAC said that the cause of the fire was being investigated by the police, that sabotage could not be ruled out, but that possible short circuits had long been in the focus of the SAC's fire protection department. It cannot be ruled out that a short circuit will be picked up as a popular cover story in order to avoid a public discussion of the real cause.
The fire brigade (Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services, AFES) was informed of the fire on May 3, 2018 at around 2 p.m. local time IST (8:30 UTC, 10:30 CEST). It then took about two hours to put out the fire. The fire started somewhere on floors three and four of building number 37.
Antenna test chamber with pyramid absorbers in the ISRO SAC
(Image: ISRO SAC)
During the fire in Ahmedabad on May 3, 2018, an air conditioning system shared for several rooms also contributed to the spread of the fire. In addition, burning and smoking cladding made of expanded polystyrene ("Thermocol Sheets" made of EPS) made it necessary to extend the extinguishing work.
Discuss with us in the Raumcon forum:
- A belch is basically a fart
- What are soldiers wearing
- Which fashion item is Jimmy Choo designing
- What a habit you can't stand
- Will Ravi Shastri keep his coaching time
- What are the beginnings of Antifa
- Is neuromarketing ethical
- What is the gotra of Shukla
- What are the functions of electricity pylons
- Can a relationship with a narcissist be successful?
- 71 is a prime number
- How does technology help e-commerce
- Which animal university is UChicago
- What are the criteria to join TCS
- Well worth reading
- How is VNIT Nagpur for architecture
- Are Greeks corrupted as a mentality society
- How can I calculate a battery backup
- How can I identify real saffron
- Who is Tony Stark in the comics
- How do I use SQLite from Python
- Why do people remember unfinished things better
- How do you get to know cars
- Why do we need encryption