What is an ideal dipole
Field lines and equipotential lines of a dipole
The electric field of a dipole
We are interested in the electric field generated by the dipole at the starting point with the coordinates r and . It is assumed that the distance between the dipole charges l is very small compared to r. We calculate the field from the gradient of the potential. The potential results from the summation of the potentials of two point charges:
Use was made of the fact that Dr2<< r2.
The connection between Dr and can be seen in the last sketch to This gives the relationship for the potential of the dipole at a sufficient distance
The electric field is obtained from the potential by means of the relation .
In spherical coordinates, the gradient is written as follows:
Since the problem is rotationally symmetrical with respect to the angle j and therefore V does not depend on j, the electric field is obtained by means of the relation
The radial component of field Er arises to
the azimuth component to
The amount of the field strength is obtained with to
The magnitude of the field strength decreases with the third power of the distance from the dipole. In the direction of the dipole axis () the electric field strength is maximal, the potential is zero. The amount of the electric field strength is minimal perpendicular to the dipole axis. In the direction of the dipole axis, only the radial component contributes to the field, perpendicular to it only the azimuthal component, which because of the rotation by 90 ° also points in the direction of the dipole axis.
- Will Egypt regain its position in tourism
- How does an ice cream factory work
- Who has tried estrogen for weight loss
- Can an illiterate get a driver's license
- Why is it so difficult to predict protein folding
- How was life preparing for clat
- What is considered a good interest rate
- What are some Java programming questions
- What are some good peaceful piano songs
- How to write snow in Japanese
- In which hours are you happiest
- How to use Kali
- What is the best research or invention
- How fast can Mark Zuckerberg code
- Which gloves are good for winter riding?
- What is toilet paper
- What are death masks
- Sang Taron Egerton in Rocketman
- What's the best website you've made
- How does Eskom produce electricity
- Has anyone ever been ungrateful to you?
- There are dummy schools in Vadodara
- Which is the best hotel in Pachmarhi
- How many DC 10 are still flying