Does the GST apply to the school
GST - "School of the Soldier of Tomorrow"
When in the schools of the GDR for membership in the "Society for Sport and Technology" (GST) was advertised, then it was only natural that the military was first romanticized and moreover reminded of the duty of every citizen, the socialist fatherland in the case to be able to defend one case also "with the weapon in the hand". This training cannot begin early enough. Admittedly, these passages could hardly tear a young person from their chair. However, they perked up when, as was mentioned by the way, that you can buy a moped license and even a driver's license for cars and trucks for little money from GST. This argument pulled tremendously. So it came about that whole generations of GDR youths signed the application to get the moped license and the driving license with the GST.
Gliding and diving
Now, of course, the GST was not founded to help young people get a moped license at low cost. Originally, the organization, founded on August 7, 1952 - as the name suggests - was supposed to develop the technical skills and knowledge of young people and, moreover, to present sporting offers - for example, courses in various sports were offered that were solely a matter for the GST: Gliding, skydiving, diving, shooting, powered flying and motor sports. Gliding and motor flying, as well as diving and parachuting, were considered by the superiors of the GDR as sports that were "good" for fleeing the republic. These sports were therefore only allowed to be practiced within the framework of the GST, under the careful supervision of trained and vigilant cadres.
"School of the Soldier of Tomorrow"
But after just a few years, the orientation of the GST changed radically. After the founding of the National People's Army (NVA) in 1956, the GST was to serve as its "nucleus" and saw itself as "the best friend of the NVA". In 1962, Defense Minister Heinz Hoffmann finally formulated the new tasks of the GST: The GST had to "be the school of the soldier of tomorrow". The GST had to form "politically conscious, disciplined and steadfast" soldiers who would later make "exemplary soldiers" for the NVA. This change of direction was also reflected in the external appearance: there were uniforms with appropriate ranks for the members and the full-time positions were occupied exclusively by former officers of the NVA. In 1968 the GST, which had been subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior from its establishment, was subordinated to the Ministry of National Defense.
From 1969 onwards, the GST had another area of activity: after the pre-military training of apprentices and students had become a compulsory subject during their training or studies, the GST took care of the mostly two-week basic military training. The apprentices and students were trained militarily in special military training camps. There were marches, military sports competitions and target practice, and ideological training sessions in the evenings. "Our military service for peace" or "We keep the enemy under control" were popular themes carried out by former NVA officers.
The "underserved reservists" of the NVA, that is, conscripts who were waiting to be called up for active military service, had to report to the GST from 1987 onwards in order to maintain their "military capability". They were obliged to take part in GST military sports events.
Resolved as out of date
The Society for Sport and Technology, which described itself as the "socialist defense organization of the GDR", had more than 650,000 members in 1989. The revolutionary changes in the GDR in 1989 did not stop at the GST. Only a few young people were willing to join the GST, moped license or not. In the spring of 1990 the "Society for Sport and Technology" was dissolved as out of date.
06/11/2013 | 9.15 p.m.
- Why don't Republicans believe in global warming
- What are the times for Capgemini training
- What is the value 107
- Why is patch management important
- What are the chemical specifications of cocaine
- Is MIT ABET accredited
- Coffee increases dopamine
- How to become a personal stylist
- What is the Indian dream cricket team
- What is license insurance
- What is coagulation in water
- What vitamin deficiency causes pellagra
- How is the Djinn world
- What was the world's first operational computer
- What is a wave in physics
- Owns Mozilla Firefox
- What does Larissa mean in Greek
- Quora sells our questions and answers
- How does a wine seeker make money
- What energy is converted by microphone
- How to identify an unsolvable problem
- What is contact center outsourcing
- Why is metal used for power cables
- Is it worth buying Moto G7 Power
- What are your professional benefits besides money
- Is fear the driver of success
- How do you measure the risk of software complexity
- How are multi-sided platforms financed
- Does the body language influence the negotiation
- Is cow's milk good for weight gain
- Is NIT Nagpur better than NIT Calicut
- What belief you just cannot accept
- Which is better S 400 or THAD