What are professional careers after math
Jobs for mathematicians: More than just juggling numbers
Math Graduates: Need a Top Job?
Cruises are booming in the land of the world's travel champions. But they are also a profitable business for shipping companies. Experts estimate that ticket sales don't even cover running costs. The profit is made on board - with paid cocktails, casinos, fitness offers. So-called Onboard revenue manager try to drive sales up during seafaring. Just recently, a well-known cruise company was looking for an analyst, preferably a mathematician, to do the Measure, evaluate and optimize customer satisfaction on the basis of data should. Debt collector for the cruise industry - a whole new field of activity for math geniuses. But by no means the only thing: the jobs for mathematicians are almost endless.
Mathematicians are happier at work
There are no reliable statistics on the professional whereabouts and unemployment of the number artists. But the The evidence is positive. This is how mathematicians and natural scientists are with their professional situation, according to the 2016 graduate study of the Berlin Humboldt University mostly very satisfied. Your gross income is a year and a half after graduation at over 3,000 euros on average. This puts them at the top of all the subject groups examined - even ahead of economists and lawyers. Mathematicians are also more likely than graduates of any other subject group to say that they are doing a job that is appropriate to their training. Ergo: The quality of math jobs increases.
Even as a dropout, there are still top opportunities
But what jobs are there apart from the teacher? Peter Ruckdeschel also asked himself this question. Of course, there is representative information on this, for example from the German Mathematicians Association DMV or the German Actuarial Association DAV. But in his environment? So the math professor from the University of Oldenburg sent an e-mail to former companions. He received an answer from a dozen or so. There was that Independent IT specialist, three bankers, the managing director of an IT company, insurance professionals and scientists. Even the college dropouts had landed softly. One now works as a architect, another as a self-employed music teacher.
Ruckdeschel's conclusion: "Studying mathematics is a good investment in the future"At the same time, the professor admits that his subject lacks" fancyness "in the eyes of many viewers. Math seems too theoretical and abstract and has a hard time comparing it to nerdy-hip computer science.
Mega trends favor mathematicians
Computer science and mathematics meet more and more frequently in everyday work. Mega trends like Artificial intelligence, big data and predictive analytics create more and more jobs - for both groups of graduates. For example in the automotive industry, where self-driving cars require sophisticated algorithms and data analysis. Mathematicians who warm up to it, according to Ruckdeschel, "are not disadvantageous in studying math if they focus on an applied focus, for example in statistics."
"The Startup area is becoming more and more interesting for mathematicians ", adds Tanja Fagel, spokeswoman for the Graduate School Berlin Mathematical School." One of our graduates, for example, recently started working as a Scrum Master. "Mathematicians are also used as cryptographers in software companies or as biostatisticians in the pharmaceutical industry, as Actuaries at insurers or risk managers at a bank.
Whether in space or in volcanic eruptions, mathematicians are needed everywhere
Or as a space adventurer. A sample at the German Center for Aerospace (DLR) showed that of the last 300 job advertisements, around 30 were explicitly directed at mathematicians. You should create helicopter simulations or investigate the effect of volcanic eruptions on the radiation balance of the atmosphere.
"Mathematicians need to be no worries at all make ", believes Tanja Fagel. At least the times when she is only in schools and Universities were able to use their razor-sharp minds should be over for good.
>> back to the "Industry Check" category
- Should India grant asylum to Julian Assange
- What was beta max
- Where is the Bermuda Triangle 1
- Is AI the future of the user experience
- Have you ever visited Oman?
- Is the Megha Engineering company good
- Is this the answer to Brexit 1
- Why are HTC phones considered good
- How is diorite used
- How is admission carried out in SRM
- How can I love Krishna God forever
- Why is DNA critical to living cells
- What is the full form of CEMS
- Have you ever beaten up a bully
- What's your straight to gay ratio?
- What is the largest village in England
- Do the eyes really represent our heart
- Overestimate yourself well for your happiness
- Will it help me to learn Hebrew to learn Arabic
- What material can stainless steel rust?
- Why should family members support each other
- What REALLY Happens When You Die 1
- Can drones make military aircraft unusable?
- Why is Microsoft Word not opening
- How did Beethoven influence music?
- What diseases can a cow bite cause
- How much do patio doors cost
- Where are the clouds going
- What is Chamara Yoga in Vedic Astrology
- Is protein good or bad for cancer
- What is 45 32 12
- How useful is hydrogen for humans
- What does the phrase reaching around mean?
- What was Chandragupta Maurya known for?