Does purity and evil really exist?
Hygiene is a topic that is very important at this time. Public figures show how everyone should wash their hands, disinfectants are scarce and are becoming expensive stolen goods, face masks are sewn by everyone and toilet paper is becoming a scarce commodity.
This time keeps the people of the world in suspense and physical cleanliness is very important. But it is not this purity that is responsible for the situation of humanity and all the problems we have to deal with on a daily basis, but the purity of our hearts.
"They [the disciples] do not wash their hands when they eat bread." (Matthew 15: 2), was the scribes' accusation against Jesus. However, he knew what really matters, not physical purity, but he said to the people: “It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean; but what comes out of the mouth makes people unclean. " (Matthew 15:11).
Now one could say: "Jesus probably did not understand much about physical hygiene." - I think he knew more about it than we do today. In John 8:56 he said to the people: “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me and I in him.” There, too, it becomes clear to us from today's perspective that Jesus did not call for real consumption of his body . But he calls from a spiritual point of view to receive him. Likewise, in Matthew 15:11, he calls for spiritual purity.
That was Jesus' way of saying how important the purity of the inner person is. It dwarfs the purity of our bodies and should be the priority in our lives.
How careful we are to keep our bodies clean. Be it by washing your hands, showering, skin care, eating or exercising. How often do we forget the purity of our hearts and minds, which has a much greater impact on us and those around us. For each of us the day will come when our body will perish, it will go back to the earth from which it was taken and our spirit will be left behind. In order to do good and to help people, the heart must be pure.
In Matthew 15, 18-20, Jesus continues: “What comes out of the mouth comes from the heart, and that makes people unclean. Because from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false testimony, blasphemy. These are the things that make people unclean. But eating with unwashed hands does not make people unclean. "
A person is not guilty or unclean before God if he eats with unwashed hands. He makes himself unclean and guilty by the deeds that spring from his heart.
I know very well the things that Jesus lists in the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 15:19). Because day after day I notice how my heart has not yet fully reached divine purity. In the end, however, my greatest desire is to be like Jesus. To live one's purity and to be a child of God who honors God through his life.
But I fight without a prospect, because I am a human being and my worldly being is still often reluctant to live this way.
Praise God for the good news we read in 1 John 1: 9:
“But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all injustice.”
By working on the cross, Jesus took our guilt away and gave us purity before God. The renewal of the heart is possible: let us strive to live this purity and to make our hearts pure.
With the knowledge of our human weakness and God's strength, goodness and power given in us through Jesus, let us come to him daily. So that our hearts find purification with him and we become pure inside.
Physical purity is important, inner purity is more important. Because no matter how our body is doing, our mind is impure and sick, it will always be the greater suffering.
- It's called Timbit or Donut Hole
- Who is the nicest republican
- When will India become the 30 trillon economy
- What is a normal stock order
- What are the processes of government accounting
- What soil is good for growing rice
- Where can I get Alpinestars accessories
- How is the laptop HP au623tx
- The passage below is well-written
- Has anyone tried Quire https quire io
- Are there perfect boys, girls?
- How can I get 100 today
- Who benefits from market fluctuations
- What is dollars for doctors
- What is the best treatment for acne
- How fast is it to dial into the Internet
- Where can I buy Obamacare insurance
- How exactly does debt trading work
- What counts as a public health emergency
- Which Bollywood songs do you find motivating
- Which subjects should I take at VIT
- Why can parents be nervous for the first time
- How do I fix RAW Pendrive
- What are good web marketing companies
- Clogs pores with jojoba oil
- Can I claim citizenship in Antarctica?
- Should there be any limits in friendship
- What are some AI startups in Toronto
- Are Balmain watches good for men?
- What is the highest paid golf tournament
- Which African countries grow avocados?
- Why is carbon a non-metallic element
- External overrides inline CSS
- What is the immigration process for Sweden