Can viruses be cured
Coronavirus: disease, symptoms, treatment
Course of disease
Illnesses with the new coronavirus can take different courses. Some people have no symptoms or hardly notice that they are sick. Others require intensive treatment in the hospital.
There are people with an infection who have no symptoms at all. They then do not know that they are infected and can therefore pass the new coronavirus on to other people unnoticed.
A large majority with an infection show a mild course of the disease. This means that they have symptoms that remain mild and last only a few days.
If the course is severe, the symptoms are mild at first. They get worse over a period of five to ten days. The sick have, for example, persistent fever and a feeling of illness and / or get breathlessness. Pneumonia can develop. In this case, the sick person needs hospital treatment, and in many cases oxygen.
If the disease is severe, it usually lasts two to four weeks. With good medical treatment, the sick will in most cases get well again. However, there are symptoms, such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and general weakness, that can persist for a long time after recovery. Scientists today assume that after recovery, one is immune to renewed infection for a certain period of time, although it is unclear how long exactly.
A severe course can occur at any age: it is very rare in children and adolescents. People who are particularly at risk, on the other hand, have an increased risk of a severe course.
Some people have such symptoms in their respiratory tract that they need intensive medical treatment. Then they are mechanically ventilated to support lung function.
Thanks to timely intensive medical treatment, more than 80 percent of those with a critical course survive.
According to the current state of knowledge, around 1.5 percent (as of December 28, 2020) of those who tested positive die from the consequences of the disease.
- What are your advantages
- What is the RPA delivery lifecycle
- Can we use complex numbers in programming?
- How is the Nokia 2720 Flip
- How is Morgan Stanley project in TCS
- How is the architecture program at SCAD
- Which band sang the song Paralyzer
- What are some properties of trace gases
- Will fart hurt the ozone layer
- Can I replace coffee with cold showers?
- What's new in iOS 13
- Do you know Dulquer Salmaan personally
- How are compulsive behaviors determined as such?
- What is the review process for ISC
- How can I lie about my personality
- Can we use an accelerometer for VR?
- Polls can be misleading
- Where does Gazelle sell its inventory
- How do autistic people communicate stress
- What is the other name for Cidex
- What is the best CRM for marketing
- Ground rosemary is good in couscous
- Tokopedia is based in Africa
- Who will win Goku or Iron Man