What is Rcpp in R programming
9 May 2017
Why the integration of c ++
Robert Gentleman, in R Programming for Bioinformatics, 2008, about R's built-in C interfaces:
Since R is not compiled, in some situations its performance can be substantially improved by writing code in a compiled language. There are also reasons not to write code in other languages, and in particular we caution against premature optimization, prototyping in R is often cost effective. And in our experience very few routines need to be implemented in other languages for effiiency reasons. Another substantial reason not to use an implementation in some other language is increased complexity. The use of another language almost always results in higher maintenance costs and less stability. In addition, any extensions or enhancements of the code will require someone that is proficient in both R and the other language.
- Rcpp does make some of the above caution statements slightly less critical.
Why and when
Why? - R becomes slow or has problems with memory management: for example with loops that cannot be vectorized.
When? - if you can't do it better with Rcode and you have identified the slow code.
For Windows, Rtools
For Mac, Xcode
What we will use
We will use the following two packages:
and the one for writing Inline C code that is compiled on-the-fly (there is also one for C ++ code).
, and the use of the function
is the most downloaded package
- R is written in C.
- The use of the interface to C is obvious
The R package CPP
Tutorial on Rcpp by Hadley Wickham
- What are your 10 coding laws
- What were cameras called in the 1920s
- How do Concerta and Ritalin differ?
- Why do I need a mobile app
- What are Led Zeppelins' biggest hits
- Lifting heavy objects can damage your eyes
- What is sin, sin and sin
- Who are Nvidias' top competitors in 2020
- How do you simplify your business processes
- Who designed Google Photos
- How do I overcome a painful memory
- Plans Quora to expand in Spanish
- What is a Good Meal Replaceable
- How to say face in Hungarian
- How is Boston University for an MS
- How does Thapar compare to LNMIIT
- How can I improve vocabulary and phrases
- How could a clairvoyant win the lottery?
- Should I keep asking anonymous questions
- What do you use conference calls for?
- How good is the Emotiv SDK
- Who will win the Champions Trophy this time
- How much would you spend on furniture
- How long has it been since you were diagnosed