What food represents Oakland CA best
West Coast Craft
West Coast Craft (WCC) in San Francisco is the place for anyone looking to take a unique piece of California home with them. The biennial festival brings together over 250 of the West Coast's most creative art, craft and design merchants at San Francisco's Fort Mason. If your favorite pastime is spending hours browsing Etsy, Pinterest and Instagram for unique items for your home or for gifts that you won't find anywhere else, this creative market is made for you.
"The event simply exudes West Coast vibes and aesthetics and is a real celebration of the West Coast lifestyle," says Sarah Ewick, director of the WCC's partner and artist programs. "There is nothing like it in the whole country."
The festival was launched in 2013 by a creative trio who wanted to combine handicrafts and arts and attracted more than 20,000 visitors this June. West Coast Craft has become a popular festival thanks to its first-class dealers - each one is selected by a jury process - and the wide range on offer. While browsing the festival, you will discover products such as handcrafted jewelry, bags made from recycled sails, gourmet baked goods, travel-inspired ceramics, and much more. (Check out the dealers on the West Coast Craft Instagram page.)
"People who live in California and the West Coast have a great interest in innovation and risk-taking, and that goes hand in hand with our culture," says Ewick. "We represent the creative community that is a pretty good reflection of what it means to live on the West Coast."
In addition to the artists, West Coast Craft also features some of San Francisco's most popular dining options. Future entrants are still being selected, but earlier offerings included a cocktail bar from mixologists at Bon Vivants (famous for their Bloody Marys), craft beer from Fort Point Beer Company, and fried chicken, tacos, and crepes from Kokio Republic, Tacolicious, and J-Shack. You can also count on the local coffee roaster Blue Bottle Coffee, which is a must for any event in San Francisco.
The event also has a lot to offer families who like tinkering: Last year Mothermag.com set up a kid-friendly lounge where artistic activities from the Oakland Museum of California were offered.
- Why should we trust Bernie Sanders now
- Could wind energy drive a steel melt
- How much would you spend on furniture
- Bitcoins are altcoins dead
- Where can I study law in Mexico
- Have you ever said a bad word
- A millionaire will give me 10k
- Are the French racist towards Turks
- Who is a person who owes money
- Is the undertaker a ghost or not
- What is a conference call
- Which career improves the world the most
- How did you make money on YouTube
- What is cold iron
- What is 15 5 0 2
- Are IVF babies as smart as normal children
- How are brain tumors treated in adults
- Why work in financial services
- What are your worst experiences with IRCTC
- Have freed slaves developed their own economies
- How do I market my painting company
- Would you eat cheeseburgers in a can
- Is Croatia a beautiful place to vacation
- Sea snakes live in groups