Why is propositional logic important
Logic in studies - why its role is so important
The concept of logic is a science belonging to philosophy, which can not only be studied as a subject itself, but is also an important prerequisite for academic success in other subject areas.
But what exactly is logic? And to what extent is it relevant to the course?
Inquire now without obligation
What actually is logic?The term logic comes from ancient Greek and means "thinking art“, But also describes a procedure. In ancient times, logic was considered an important step towards rational thinking. Logic is the recognition of facts, the classification of them, as well as the resulting conclusion. In the opposite case, logic is used to provide evidence if the consistency of an argument or a fact is demonstrated by logical arguments. Instead of simply believing supposed laws of nature and basing them on religious teachings, logic and thus rationality paved the way to modern science. With rationality we describe the logical thinking ability of a person. Humans differ from other living beings in their minds.
Above all, mathematics is based on the law of thought. Laws of thought also come from philosophical teaching. These are logical rules and regularities that are recognized and justified. In mathematics, this is where the so-called comes in Associative lawto use.
Laws of thought as the basis for natural sciences
It is obvious to everyone that logic is now indispensable in the natural sciences. But what about other departments? How can logic be useful in the humanities or in a language study?
Every person incessantly receives information that is stored in short-term memory. The more logically a person thinks, the better he is able to grasp complex relationships. This makes it easier to find a solution to a problem. We call the part of the brain that does this work the working memory.
The relevance of logic in studies
Logical thinking is not a talentthat some people have and some don't. On the contrary: Logic is an elementary function of our brain, which is important for our development. Small children don't yet have logic. After birth, you are in a state of awareness. In this phase you are an individual, not yet part of a collective law. But at some point it begins to derive laws and use them for its development. It recognizes connections between actions and processes and draws logical conclusions from them.
In some people, rationality and logical thinking are more developed than others. Therefore, some find it easier than others to do rational science. But in their development, everyone has to develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills in one way or another, regardless of whether they are learning to read and write, a language or economic contexts.
In every course, the students are given facts. Many students fail because of the fact that it is no longer enough to take in pure information and memorize it. In the course of study, conclusions must be drawn from the regularities and new regularities developed. It takes the ability to recognize hidden connections and develop them further. Even skills like Imagination or creativityrequire logic in order to continue experience.
Logic is more than an accumulation of knowledge
Not least for this reason, logic is a subject that is not as popular as other courses, but offers students the opportunity to develop their skills in rational thinking and logical action and to use them for other areas. “Der Spiegel”, which presented the Master’s degree in Logic at the University of Leipzig in an article, wrote: “Logic questions the law - and creates the basis for other subjects.“
Specifically, logic helps in every learning area. German studies students, for example, can more easily familiarize themselves with foreign texts and grasp their meaning using logical laws of thought. Language students use logic to understand and apply the structure of a language. Business students use logic to increase their ability to recognize economic relationships and to actively derive solutions to problems. In psychology, it is human behavior that is analyzed and conclusions can be drawn about its behavior. These are just a few examples of the role logic plays in each individual subject.
Use logic for your studies
But logic also helps enormously in terms of work organization. We all know the concept of logistics. Processes are optimized with regard to the provision, storage and dispatch of products. Logistics can always be applied more extensively when work processes have to be optimized. During your studies it is important to organize yourself, to calculate the learning effort as rationally as possible and to develop targeted learning programs. Short: Anyone who lacks logic, lacks structure, misjudges effort, cannot meet deadlines and fails to recognize the difference between relevant and irrelevant information.
The ability to think logically and to solve problems is also called fluid intelligence. Scientists assume that this fluid intelligence is genetically determined, increases until adulthood and decreases again from the age of 25.
Fluid intelligence can be trained
How do we recognize fluid intelligence or, in other words, the ability to think logically?
- People with fluid intelligence can find their way around better in new situations
- You will find it easier to learn foreign languages
- You can adapt better to changing working conditions
- You acquire unknown areas and specialist knowledge more quickly
This is how logic can be developedThere are the following possibilities to train logical thinking:
- Breaking routines: Those who change their habits more frequently give the brain the necessary incentives. For example, it is sufficient to simply try new ways to get to the university.
- Games like chess or checkersthat require logical thinking
- Regularly Solve crossword puzzles and other brain teasers
- Professional brain training: there is numerous exercise programswho use small tasks to train the various areas of logical thinking. These are developed by neuropsychologists and represent a kind of fitness training for the brain.
- What is a virgin mojito
- Can androids make time lapse videos
- Who invented crochet?
- How do I learn creative photography
- How do you study design and technology
- What is mysql_thread_ID in PHP
- What is it like to visit yeshiva in Israel?
- Which college should I apply to
- What is the market size for agricultural enzymes
- Why are social websites being created
- By American standards, how liberal you are
- How did WeWork grow so quickly
- How can I make spray paint better
- What is a good stackup analysis book
- Does it hurt to touch DVT?
- How can Mexico reduce the poverty rate
- Who beat JEE Main April 2019
- What is the plural of BlackBerry
- What Causes Yellow Tongue In Dogs
- Is someone else reading poetry
- What is langar
- How will you die
- What internet options do you have
- How do infrared LEDs work