What are the default settings for Java_Home
How can I change the Mac OS Java VM default setting returned by / usr / libexec / Java_home?
(I wasn't sure if this should go on SU ... migration is certainly an option, but more programmers read questions here, so here it goes).
I am using Mac OS X 10.8.4 and have installed JDK 1.6.0_51 from Apple and JDK 1.7.0_25 from Oracle. I recently installed the Oracle 1.8 Preview JDK for pre-release software that required it. Now when I run / usr / libexec / Java_home I get the following:
This means that the standard version of Java is currently the pre-release version which corrupts some "normal" packages (in my case VisualVM).
I can't set it because environment variables are ignored when applications start, even if started from the command line (for example).
So is there a file I can edit to change my JVM order settings global to set?
(Please don't ask me to launch the Java Preferences Panel as this just won't work: it doesn't contain anything useful and just lists one of the 4 JVMs I have installed.)
Oracle JVMs live in. Renaming the JDK 1.8 directory to doesn't change anything: still find it in the right place, and running / usr / bin / Java will still run the 1.8 JVM. This is not a problem with synlinks etc.
Answers to similar questions
Although this answer says how much the hack that prevents versions of Java from being captured by Java_home does, it answers this question from how Java_home chooses its default setting and indicates whether users can set it non-destructively.
- How does radiation kill a person?
- How many people use tinder
- Have a profile on LinkedIn
- What is Map in Apache Spark
- How to enable 2FA in Fortnite
- Are Dharmendra and Hema Malini Muslims
- What are good science fiction ideas
- How has the Bitcoins value increased
- Is it worth getting a girlfriend
- Why can't a commercial student study agriculture
- How do I check health insurance
- How do I find the PIN code
- India is moving more towards capitalism
- Is there a book about Greek mythology
- Which would M1A2 Abrams win against AAT
- What are India's Achievements in Aerospace
- How were Space Shuttle SRB nozzles cooled
- Is there a risk in information technology
- Is CS good at the SRM Ramapuram campus
- Where is the largest vegan restaurant in the world
- Did you bullied your siblings?
- How to dry green firewood quickly
- What does the word Fuerstentuemer mean?
- Is it possible to use YouTube offline?