What are some of the best weird Instagram statuses
Links in Instagram: This is how it works without a verified account
It would be so nice if you could store a link with which the user can get out of the story to an external website. Although, there is: just not yet for everyone.
Instagram had already introduced the Story Link function in November 2016. Since then, however, it has only been available to verified accounts.
This hurdle seems to have been cleared:We can now also set links in individual, unverified accounts. But with the limitation of 10,000 or more followers.
How do I use the new function?
If you have already been activated for the function, you will see a "Link" button in the upper right corner after the normal recording of your story in the edit mode.
If you click on this, you currently have two options for the call-to-action. Either with a link to a website or with a reference to an existing IGTV episode. If you choose the web link, you can also see how it will look in the Instagram browser. This preview function is the subtle hint from Instagram that you should definitely optimize the target page for mobile use.
If you confirm the link, your story will receive a “See more” note in the middle. In German this is labeled with "Show more".
Depending on the size of the screen of the user who is looking at the story, the note is displayed either on or below your story slide.
If you use this function, you should include a clear call-to-action within the story. So either by saying yourself: “Click down here”, or by writing a note on the story or even drawing an arrow.
In addition, there are now a lot of "Swipe Up" GIFs that you can simply put on the story as stickers.
Otherwise you run the risk that the user will not notice your link. Because the “See more” note from Instagram is not particularly noticeable.
We have put together a few examples for you here:
When do I get the function?
As noted above, from 10,000 followers, that means that none of them have the function yet. There are also no secret tricks or tweaks.
If you have just reached 10,000 but the function is not yet visible, you should restart your app. Linking is usually possible within minutes.
So you no longer need a separate account verification, but just enough followers.
Should I buy followers for this?
Definitely not. Anyone who buys for their account followers destroys the community and sends Instagram false signals about who belongs to the target group. You certainly don't want the network to optimize the display for your fake followers in Asia or South America in the future!
Last but not least, the purchase of followers can also fall back on you in the context of unfair competition with a warning.
Stay away from buying followers!
But what you can of course do are Instagram interaction ads. With good content in the channel, you not only get paid interactions, but also a good amount of new followers as a bonus.
What alternatives do I have?
In fact, there is a very smart alternative to swipe up, which is currently becoming more and more popular. Build a call-to-action into your story:
"Send me a heart in the comments and I'll send you the link!"
In this way, the link becomes something special. As a user, you don't get it just like that, but only if you “apply” for it. At the same time, your community will be strengthened and you will be able to address the user again in the future!
As a further alternative, you can of course also use the normal "link in the profile". Then you only need a corresponding call-to-action or hint in your story. So "You can find the link to the website in my Instagram profile info".
Which way will you choose? Or do you have any other ideas for implementation? Let me know in the comments.
- What is the Mechanism of Bipolar Disorder
- Which course should the electrical engineer choose?
- Are all solids from crystal lattice
- Is the hostel in Amity good
- Why should children drink more milk
- How widespread is LinkedIn in your industry
- What are common scams in Barcelona
- What are some strategies to fail forward
- Believe male superiority
- Are sunspots brighter than the sun
- What is a good satire on product placement
- What are the characteristics of Wireshark
- Which are the most watched Hindi films
- What are your favorite transformer fan modes
- Where can I download Vainglory
- Why did Twitter create a Mac app
- Is the function x increasing or decreasing
- How are tsunami-resistant structures built?
- Who is the least powerful superhero?
- Big ears help you hear better
- How many attempts are there for IIFT
- How does a cigarette get into the body?
- Where can I find nudist beaches
- Who conquered Egypt
- Is there an entrance exam for BBA
- What is CSS Syntax
- Are there Wal Marts in Mexico
- What happens at a kitty party
- How to make a blanket
- What's your favorite Heart album
- What are the deadly sins of Quora
- How is Corporation Bank