Why is science only for scientists
The subject of responsibility of science in the classroom
The freedom of science is not only anchored in the UN Charter, it is also a cornerstone of education and technical progress. Only a free science can unhindered search for solutions to the problems of mankind. Your successes are overwhelming. At the same time, however, this freedom is repeatedly criticized when it comes up against ethical and moral limits or when the negative effects of innovations and inventions become apparent. So has science lost its spiritual center, as Nobel Prize winner Werner Forßmann put it, its compass for right and wrong, good and bad? Does science need a new ethic and a commitment by the modern researcher to serve humanity and nature?
The teaching unit does not require any special knowledge from the learners. However, a basic knowledge of World War II and genetic engineering would be helpful.
Only by questioning reality can one recognize its regularities. Advances in scientific knowledge are only possible, however, if science can develop freely from state, social or religious restrictions. On the other hand, researchers must also accept that they have to adhere to scientific rules (epistemic limits) and that they have to reflect on the consequences of their actions (not epistemic limits).
Schoolchildren can certainly only recognize and understand this conflict if they are confronted with real dilemma situations in research. Genetic engineering is a prime example of this.
Abstract discussions, such as the one about the limits of the freedom of research, can only be understood and experienced for schoolchildren if they re-enact, reflect and empathize with their initial situations in real or at least simulated dilemma situations. It is therefore imperative to confront the learners with methodologically varied learning scenarios that involve a high degree of student self-employment.
- Can people keep you from being independent?
- Is it a good idea to join the Navy?
- How do Buddhists see India
- Rich people get friendship zones
- Why don't Republicans believe in global warming
- Does Donald Trump need psychiatric help?
- How do I choose this locker
- How did you find out about men's fashion
- How do cannabis foods affect us
- How can I use Messenger with email
- Should organ donation be mandatory
- How can i shrink my eyelids
- What do you think of Christopher Hitchens
- Why is the class boring
- Where EX200 dumps download free
- Who are government officials
- You can trust the Amazon courier service
- What is a major event from the 1840s
- Why isn't Anastasia a Disney princess
- How can countries get out of austerity measures
- Like four zero equals 24
- Why are coral reefs endangered
- Why do I avoid my mother
- How common is hearing loss among veterans