What are the dependent variables in psychology
The dependent variable - sometimes also the outcome variable - describes the factor in an experiment that is measured in psychological statistics. Dependent variables are therefore variables whose values are to be predicted with the aid of the independent variables. An experiment with two or more dependent variables is called as multivariate design designated.
In psychology this is mostly a behavior or a mental process, in pedagogy it is mostly a matter of performance. This dependent variable can or should be in response to the manipulations of the independent variables change. The dependent variable always belongs to the “then” part of a hypothesis, which reflects the effects of the independent variables (causes, conditions). In correlation and regression analyzes, one usually speaks of Criterion variables.
Example of a dependent variable: In an experiment, the division of hours in a school class - for example the length of the teaching units - is changed. The performance of the students is then observed and measured over a longer period of time. The division of hours in this case is the independent variable, the dependent variable or response variable is the performance of the students.
More pages on the topic
- Does the sun live or not live
- Which is better VIT or PESIT
- Use Daenerys to manipulate Daario Naharis
- How do you pay on Craigslist
- What is your favorite passage from Kafka
- EXO has become less popular lately
- What if the Irish famine never happened
- Why do you like beer
- Who are the best new IoT startups
- Will Ravi Shastri keep his coaching time
- What does the Jamaican currency look like
- How hard is it to be fat
- What is a Boolean Algebra
- Who are some great women writers
- Why is Snapdragon more powerful than MediaTek
- Facts can be misleading
- Why should we ban foreign films?
- What is page layout software
- How was the Grand Canyon National Park created
- How do friction and gravity affect us?
- How is admission carried out in SRM
- A dishwasher is a smart investment
- Where was the space shuttle developed?
- Where did Immanuel Kant live