How was the Lancaster Royal Grammar School founded

History of the Herderschule Rendsburg

Schoolchildren have been taught here for over 600 years ...
The Rendsburg city school was first mentioned in a document on December 28, 1393. The first Latin school followed in 1590. At the beginning of 1820 the school of scholars was founded, which was closed again in 1854 in favor of the Realgymnasium. Today around 800 pupils are taught by more than 60 teachers.

1393
first written mention of the city school on December 28th.

1590
Foundation of the Latin school.

1820
Opening of the learned school on January 28th: ​​9 teachers for 80 students.

1854
Realgymnasium is being built with 9 grades from sixth to prima and 12 teachers for 100 students.

1880
Foundation of the Rendsburger Primaner Rowing Club (RPRC).

1909
For the first time, more than 300 students attend the grammar school.

1945
Cessation of lessons in April; Resumption on December 11th with 11 teachers for 352 students.

1947
Opening of an old-language grammar school under the name HERDERSCHULE on April 10th.

1950
The first issue of the school newspaper "Die Weisse Brücke" appears at the beginning of December.

1955
For the first time, a school representative and a student council are elected.

1960
Move into the new school building, lessons in two buildings until 1969.

1973
With the Abitur this year, the old-language branch at the Herderschule will expire.

1973/74
Due to more than 1000 students, an additional grammar school is being built: the Kronwerk grammar school.

1990
With the 125th edition, the White Bridge is celebrating its 40th, uninterrupted existence. With that she is
probably the oldest school newspaper in the Federal Republic of Germany.

1993
Anniversary: ​​600 years of the Herderschule.

1994
Start of the first Comenius project "European Environment" (EEP) together with schools in Tampere (Fin), Lancaster (GB) and Montargis (F).

1995
First multilingual homepage of the Herderschule online; Commissioned work in this area soon followed, including for the Rendsburg city library

1997
The Herderschule received the title of European School because of its diverse commitment in this area.
A second Comenius project "The New Millennium" is approved; an additional partner is a school in Biecz (Pl).
Anniversary: ​​50th name day
"Joseph" by A. L. Webber is the first musical staged at the Herderschule.
The schoolyard of the Herderschule is artistically planned by the students.

1998
The Herderschule is funded as a "model school" by the "Schools on the Net" (SAN) initiative.
In addition, the Herderschule receives a license agreement from Microsoft. This opens up new software options for the school.
The construction of the multi-media center begins.
The redesign of the schoolyard is recognized and subsidized as a project within the framework of "Schleswig-Holstein - a state for children".

1999
The Herderschule is the only member of Schleswig-Holstein in the Bertelsmann Foundation's media schools network - alongside only 11 other schools in Germany.
An advertising CD-ROM about Rendsburg is being produced on behalf of the city.
As the successor to long-time headmaster Helmut Brünn, Dr. Günter Todt the Herderschule.
First Junior Educational Project between students in grades 8 and 9 of the Lancaster Royal Grammar School and the Herderschule.
The redesign of the schoolyard will be completed as part of a project week and as part of the city's renovation work and will be inaugurated in November.

2000
The Herderschule joins the “Schools around the world” (SAW) project.
Inauguration of two large sculptures in the school yard and one large sculpture in front of the main building of the Herderschule. This student work was funded by the city of Rendsburg, the HDW-Nobiskrug and the Ditting company, among others.
Work on the school program begins with the establishment of a working group by the school conference.

2001
A third Comenius project "Transnational learning Network" is started.
Second Junior Educational Project between students 8 and 9 of the Herderschule and the Royal Grammar School.
First round of training for school arbitrators for the Herderschule. As part of a working group and a seminar, several schoolchildren are being trained to resolve conflicts between schoolchildren in the future.

2002
A first school program of the Herderschule is completed and adopted by the school conference.
The computer network is expanded by 60 Pentium computers through two large donations. The Herderschule now has five computer rooms with a total of 56 workstations.
First visit by a school group to Salisbury (USA).

2005
The Herderschule becomes a smoke-free school. A first step is taken with the establishment of a big band, and bands and choirs emerge over time.
Introduction of compulsory elective lessons in grades 9 and 10 and Spanish as a third foreign language.

2006
Establishment of a first wind class, in the orientation level 5b and 6b are each a wind class.

2007
At the start of the school year, the Herderschule now (with 1030) again has over 1000 students.

2008
With the introduction of the upper level, the course system in the upper level ends;
The 1st year with the G8 education course for Sextans will start school.