I have currently switched from WordPress to the Yii framework and an external developer is rebuilding my website.
One thing that strikes me is that every time he calls AJAX / jQuery the Yii way,
Note that page load times (i.e. HTML) and not all resource calls affect the metrics that affect ranking (even if it doesn't matter as PageRank or in the SERPs). The point is, it affects a website's performance for SEO however it manifests itself.
My page will be downloaded and rendered in about half the time it takes all of the resources (CSS, JS, and even images) on the page. With so few of my users viewing multiple pages, I wouldn't get much benefit from caching some of these resources between page views.
My side is not typical. Most websites have multiple pages per session and large images that would make my technique less applicable. There is no right answer to this question; it depends on the website. You have to measure it yourself against the typical behavior of your users.
When you build your Yii application, you can break the MVC pattern and keep everything in the same file. The question is - is it worth it, what are the benefits (none?) And where does this take you? You can use the same reasoning when asking whether or not to keep JS code inline.
It actually depends on the purpose of the website you are developing:
The answer actually depends on what is being done.
These answers miss the mark. Take a look at inline caching.
Usually inline JS code is bad like the others before me said.
But I am thinking of a use case where inline JS is better .
Imagine a CMS that inserts a JS controlled gallery. The gallery can be created in jQuery. It is identified by an ID attribute that is unique not just on the page but across the site. In this case - I think - inline JS would be better because the JS code is only used on one side and you have no HTTP overhead
- Will the United Kingdom forbid circumcision?
- Forty girls' skins are sexualized
- What are 2017 home decor trends
- Were there sharks before the dinosaurs
- What is Generic Programming in C ++
- What is an auction market
- Fantasy football is luck or skill
- Why can't we write in weightlessness?
- Do you wish you had four arms
- How do babies know how to swim
- How serious is a liver injury
- What are some cloak and dagger methods
- Who created the Akatsuki in Naruto
- How dangerous is a lack of empathy
- How did continents get their names?
- Should Serbia annex northern Kosovo
- Is religion necessary in modern times
- Is IQ important to a guy
- When was India under a democratic dictatorship?
- What is Wholesale Market Making
- How can you recover a stolen Tesla
- Use Daenerys to manipulate Daario Naharis
- What is associated with the cost involved
- Will America become a banana republic?
- How likely is the big filter
- What are the best songs by Rufus Wainwrights
- What is the best logo recognition software
- Why Forex is Easy to Use
- Synapsil really improves your IQ
- Can I invest 10 rupees in stocks
- What is the resistance of paper
- Do you think science can be racist
- How important is emotional stability for success