Apple's Siri speech recognition is a bug
iPad / iPhone Siri doesn't work - what to do
Apple's intelligent voice assistant "Siri" offers its users a number of advantages: switch on music when no hand is free, enter important appointments in the calendar or quickly search for something on the Internet. It is all the more annoying when the AI of your Apple device fails at the crucial moment. This article will tell you what to do if Siri stops responding to you.
Siri isn't working - you can do that
If the voice control on your Apple device stops responding after you have spoken to it with "Hey Siri", this can have various causes. It is not uncommon for hidden configurations of the device to lead to a malfunction of the voice assistant. We have summarized the most important problems relating to Apple's voice control for you:
Is "Hey Siri" turned on?
First, make sure that the "Look out for 'Hey Siri'" feature is enabled on your device. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings on your iOS device.
- Navigate to "Siri & Search"
- Check whether the function "Watch out for 'Hey Siri'"is activated.
- If necessary, activate the function by tapping the switch.
- You will be guided through the configuration of the function.
There is no internet connection
To ensure the function of the voice assistant, a existing connection to the internet necessary. So check if your device is connected to the internet. Simply go to any website using your device's browser. If this is loaded and displayed, there is a connection and you can rule out this source of error.
Your device's microphone is not working properly
Also a broken microphone could cause Siri to stop responding to you. To check whether the microphone in your device is working properly, you can simply make a call and ask the person you are speaking to whether you can be understood easily. Alternatively, you can try recording a voice message with your cell phone. If no recordings can be heard or an error message appears, the device's microphone could be defective.
Set up Siri again
If your device's microphone is working properly, you should set up the voice assistant again. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings Of your device.
- Navigate to the point "Siri & Search".
- Disable "Watch out for 'Hey Siri'"and activate it again.
- You will then be guided through the setup process.
Restart or restore the device
A Device restart can help get Siri working again. You can find out how to force a device restart of your iPhone here. If this measure does not help either, you can try to reset your device to the factory settings. You can read here how to reset your iPhone or iPad to factory settings.
If nothing helps ...
If, contrary to expectations, the tips listed here are not successful, there is probably a defect and the device should be checked by a specialist. The easiest way to contact the manufacturer is via the Apple website.
- I can make myself hard of hearing
- What is an art to attract people
- Is the song Asian Girlz racist
- What is IRR in finance
- Cholesterol is a primary metabolite
- Why is there no philosophy war
- Why am I so addicted to speed?
- Why is my laptop mouse frozen
- How does driving through a car wash work?
- Why are corporations disqualified as auditors
- Protons follow Fermi Dirac's statistics
- What are the disadvantages of the rich
- Who are OpenTables competitors
- Can someone support me as a mentor to achieve GSOC
- How do doctors control their patients' fever
- Is a BCA recognized by KSOU
- Chocolate helps you lose weight
- How to make a blanket
- Should I stop eating cheese?
- What happens when a Death Eater dies
- Is there a redundancy in human memory
- Are IVF babies as smart as normal children
- Should leggings be banned in public Why
- Which turban goes with the black shirt