Are oxygen and air the same?
What is air
Even if it seems invisible, there is air. It's always there and needs space.
You can already see that when you blow up a piece of chewing gum or make soap bubbles! The more air you use, the bigger the chewing gum or the soap bubble becomes - until they burst with a "pop".
Air is a gaseous substance and, like all other substances, has properties - air has a volume and takes up space.
Components of the air
Air is a mixture of different gases. It consists of many small particles that are so tiny that we cannot see them at all: the molecules.
The most important molecules in the air are nitrogen (N2), oxygen (O2) and carbon dioxide (CO2). We and almost all living things need oxygen to breathe. Carbon dioxide is vital for plants.
Usually we cannot see the air. But there are situations in which it becomes visible or even noticeable.
If you blow underwater with a straw, you can observe the air in bubbles rising to the surface of the water. Air is also visible when it is very cold outside. Then we can see the smoke rising from the chimneys - or the warm air we breathe.
If the air is very hot, there can be mirages. The air is reflected in deserts, for example, when the air over the hot sand is strongly heated. Then a so-called mirage forms.
- Why are clouds formless
- How do I unlock an Apple Watch
- Vent and complain the same
- Can a Pakka Mumbaikar survive in Delhi
- Who invented calamari?
- What are shared variables in Apache Spark
- How do you know that you belong together
- How do I check health insurance
- Narcissistic people prefer younger victims
- Has Lennox Lewis ducked any boxers
- How can you determine the health of your plants
- Who is the President of San Marino
- How do I make my restaurant famous
- How do I prevent an assassination attempt
- Can I participate in shares
- What is your sector
- Can neuroscience fully explain consciousness and qualia
- What is email encryption
- Why is Instagram not a dating app
- What is Square's Average Ticket
- What jobs can a physicist do
- Where does Interstate 80 end
- Why shouldn't I shave my chest?
- How do I love my child unconditionally