I want to be a singer
I want to be a singer
"I really want to be a singer", you hear that very often from young girls - can you express yourself a little more precisely? What kind of singer do you want to be?
With the auditions, that's one of the things - most of the people who audition at auditions quickly disappear into the oblivion from which they came. There are some young, good voices - but that's the crux of the matter, the range is huge, and only very few make a living from singing. (I know what I'm talking about because I teach some young schoolgirls who go or want to go to auditions).
So if you want to "get famous", I would quickly forget about it - that is extremely insecure, there is simply too much music these days, both the market and consumers are oversaturated.
It's something different when you can imagine giving up being a celebrity and being a star and working as a singer. This is a craft that has to be learned and requires good and thorough training. And you're more of a service provider, a craftsman who often stays in the background.
In the USA in particular, you have fantastic educational opportunities - if your parents can afford it. On the other hand, you also have a lot of competition from many, many other talented young singers.
For example, you can complete an apprenticeship as a musical actress. But you definitely need a naturally robust voice (which not everyone has) and of course a lot of talent for dancing.
As well as perseverance, ambition, the ability to take even tough criticism and make something positive out of it - do you have such staying power?
I am not writing this to you to destroy your illusions. I'm someone who makes a living from singing, but not in the way you might think - it wasn't enough to become a celebrity, I can make ends meet financially, but I have to work a hell of a lot for it - and I'm often just that "Living CD" in the background. Of course not always; Sometimes you give real concerts and people listen, clap a lot, enjoy your singing - that's something very beautiful, but sometimes it's also incredibly exhausting. You HAVE to sing, and sing well, even if you would rather howl, be a little battered or just very tired.
Do you have this discipline? If not, you will be kicked out of a professional band very quickly, for example.
I would advise you to first take a few singing lessons from an experienced and good teacher; to tell him / her about your wish and to ask for a very honest assessment of whether there is potential or not.
Then you can still see further .....
- What is an example of repetition
- What is a utility app
- How do I find Muslim women
- Movies still use thumbnails
- Has anyone cured IBS through yoga?
- Can be a wicket keeper bowl in cricket
- Who was Attilio Bertolucci
- What is the name of the compound BeCl2
- Can you decipher the word DINIA?
- Does the temperature affect the acetic acid content of vinegars
- How can I become a bioinformatician
- Why didn't France colonize Al Andalus?
- How did the Native Americans survive the winter
- How do I get Kaiser insurance
- Are oats good or bad for babies
- How to make a blanket
- How did you get rich very quickly
- What are the saddest betrayals in history
- After a supernova, what remains
- How can I just go online
- What do SAT tutoring services do
- How could business students be successful in 2017?
- What is parallel GDP
- How do I get a tooth out